2023 Yankees Season | Page 73 | Syracusefan.com

2023 Yankees Season

Idk if anyone’s heard, but Flaherty’s daughter just moved to Denver.

The Rockies have a defense that’s bad by little league standards. Holy cow.

Brutal L

IMG_3119.jpeg

Tough series loss considering the Yankees threw their three best starters, two of which were supposed to be a fearsome 1-2 punch for the playoffs. It's been 10 games since Schmidt gave up more than 3 runs and he's 4-2 with a 2.83 ERA. But now the vaunted bullpen has been a mess for a couple of weeks now. And the offense still stinks.

How bad is the rest of baseball if this terrible looking Yankee team is only 2 games out of the playoffs?

How bad is the rest of baseball if this terrible looking Yankee team is only 2 games out of the playoffs?
40% of the teams get in nowadays, two teams in the AL aren't even trying, and the Yankees are a very expensive .500 ball club.

ETA: Yankees are 83-79 over the last 162 games. They had a helluva hot streak to start last year, it was fools gold though.

Last edited:
Maybe we should upgrade the back end of the front office?

The front end of the front office, too. I am unsure as to what they expect to trade for all that help. I don't see anything interesting on here except for some AAA starting pitching and ...

What is going on in Boone's head after the pen implosion yesterday.
I have to rest the A guys more. Pitch Albert 'gas can" Abreu more.

Baseball has some stupid rules:
1. Not allowing runner to score from 1st on GR Double. IKF was halfway to 3rd when Cabrera’s ball landed. If it was a 3-2 count, he might have been to 3rd already.

2. Can’t assume a DP. Volpe’s throw to Schmidt the other day hit him in the glove and would have beat the runner by 3 steps. That play turns two 99/100 times.

Not sure the Yankees have any players other teams might want but this would be a good time to sell and start over...sort of like watching Boeheim's last decade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom