2024 Media Day | Syracusefan.com

2024 Media Day

Some of these pictures are a bit over the top on glitz and glam but I’m an old fart can’t speak for the players

It's what the kids are into these days, and that is the audience.

Says something about the changing culture that they've renamed it Media Day to Content Day. A little sad, but it is what it is. Pre-pandemic they had a much bigger media presence, with Citrus TV and local News Stations reporting from practice, the Daily Orange more involved. Now it just seems like pictures for Instagram and some interviews they'll put out on Youtube. Probably the same amount of info we would have been given, just packaged differently.

This all started in 2011 remember JW holding Galloway in the goal in his arms seems to get cheesier and cheesier every year this years seems extremely over the top. How about if you want content you win something and Rich Barnes will take all sorts of pictures. I don’t understand what sprawling out on a thrown of lacrosse sticks says We haven’t even been the best team in NY in a few years. I’m excited about this years team but pretending we’re still the kings of lacrosse is the wrong approach what happened to STP and OTC circa 2008?

This all started in 2011 remember JW holding Galloway in the goal in his arms seems to get cheesier and cheesier every year this years seems extremely over the top. How about if you want content you win something and Rich Barnes will take all sorts of pictures. I don’t understand what sprawling out on a thrown of lacrosse sticks says We haven’t even been the best team in NY in a few years. I’m excited about this years team but pretending we’re still the kings of lacrosse is the wrong approach what happened to STP and OTC circa 2008?

Your way over thinking this, social media is all the rage for the current players and this is simply playing into it. It's one day of the team taking some media and publicity photos, nothing more or less.

Might want to read the comments on the pictures and none of them are by me it’s not landing well at all

You mean the one that has 15 comments and five of which are clearly SU haters trying to troll? No offense but who cares? By this time tomorrow no one will remember or care. There's plenty of things to be worried about this season but this isn't one of them.

Your way over thinking this, social media is all the rage for the current players and this is simply playing into it. It's one day of the team taking some media and publicity photos, nothing more or less.
Yup, anything big that goes viral can help their wallet.

You mean the one that has 15 comments and five of which are clearly SU haters trying to troll? No offense but who cares? By this time tomorrow no one will remember or care. There's plenty of things to be worried about this season but this isn't one of them.

Kids love this stuff, high schoolers do it too, just is what it is.

IMG_0037.jpeg
Much better

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom