2024 NFL Thread | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2024 NFL Thread

hilarious when someone doesn’t get it but the other person thinks they don’t get it
I got it. It wasn’t difficult. Very elementary, almost pre-school. Either you were obtuse, or tried to be funny.

I got it. It wasn’t difficult. Very elementary, almost pre-school. Either you were obtuse, or tried to be funny.
So you’ve got it narrowed down then. Carry on

New rule approved for next year. Can we get a cryptographer to decode it ?

• If there is a double foul during a down in which there is a change or changes of possession, including if one of the fouls is a post-possession foul by a team during a scrimmage kick, the team last gaining possession will keep the ball after enforcement for its foul, provided it did not foul before last gaining possession.

New rule approved for next year. Can we get a cryptographer to decode it ?

• If there is a double foul during a down in which there is a change or changes of possession, including if one of the fouls is a post-possession foul by a team during a scrimmage kick, the team last gaining possession will keep the ball after enforcement for its foul, provided it did not foul before last gaining possession.
I'll try:
1. Punting team fouls whenever and receiving team fouls on the return; receiving team keeps the ball. Not sure if this is already the current way or if it would be offsetting penalties and replay down.

2. If receiving team fouls before punt is caught, then the punting team would get the ball back. Probably replay down, but could change if one of the penalties is a personal foul.

3. If receiving team fouls whenever and then fumbles the return back to the punting team, who then commits a foul, the punting team will get the ball.

4. If both teams commit penalties during a return before it's fumbled, the punting team will not get possession if they recover it.

Basically, you can "decline" an aspect of the other teams penalty and keep possesion as long as you didn't commit a foul before you got the ball. It would get more confusing if there were multiple turnovers and penalties on a play. Or I could be completely wrong.

tldr version: If you didn't do anything wrong before gaining possession, you shouldn't have to give the ball back to the other team.

tldr version: If you didn't do anything wrong before gaining possession, you shouldn't have to give the ball back to the other team.
so what happened before the rule change (as in all eternity ) ? i dont recall anything happening that seemed so unfair as to require this rule stipulation.

so what happened before the rule change (as in all eternity ) ? i dont recall anything happening that seemed so unfair as to require this rule stipulation.
I assume it was offsetting penalties, replay the down. My example would give the team another chance to punt, maybe negating a big return. It could also deny a team an interception only because the other team commited a penalty (which would actually be the sensible thing to do).