2024 Offensive Line | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Offensive Line

And why is it your concern, given what I stated above?
Because I believe they had no reason to go soft at the initial point of attack.

Because I believe they had no reason to go soft at the initial point of attack.

Meh.

When the game started, I was initially quite impressed by how the OL hold up and maintained a pocket, giving McCord time to throw.

Then, they mentioned that Fran Brown had implemented a no sack / no big hit rule for the spring game.

With no real, live pass rush, the DL is at a distinct disadvantage from the jump. To say nothing of how defenses use things like stunts, blitzes, etc. to bring pressure from unusual angles and throw the timing / rhythm of the OL off.

Also keep in mind that in spring games, both sides of the ball tend to use base formations, and not show too much / open the playbook up with trickery.

And if the OL can really hold up at the point of attack and open up holes [for the first time in forever] -- cool.

We are going to have multiple transfers in the interior DL who are 300 pounders, and athletic. No need to worry.

Last edited:
Meh.

When the game started, I was initially quite impressed by how the OL hold up and maintained a pocket, giving McCord time to throw.

Then, they mentioned that Fran Brown had implemented a no sack / no big hit rule for the spring game.

With no real, live pass rush, the DL is at a distinct disadvantage from the jump.

And if the OL can really hold up at the point of attack and open up holes [for the first time in forever] -- cool.

We are going to have multiple transfers in the interior DL who are 300 pounders, and athletic. No need to worry.
I was watching our edge guy and he would swim move past an OL to free up and would immediately slow up once past the OL.

We cant just put big heavy guys in the middle and expect all is good. Those guys have to be able to get off the ball and move. There are way too many schemes that will destroy big slow guys. Transition to DL is not simple. New techniques need to be learned and mastered.

Last edited:
We cant just put big heavy guys in the middle and expect all is good. Those guys have to be able to get off the ball and move. There are way too many schemes that will destroy big slow guys. Transition to DL is not simple. New techniques need to learned and mastered.
You mean there’s more to football than being big? And skill and technique are needed? Shocking.. In all seriousness, I don’t know how some who watch football week in week out can’t comprehend it.

Side note from the OP, but I noticed this too. Grant looked good, as did Bellamy (surprised me). But Zeed was getting a step on both of them. Upper tier ACC teams are going to have WR's with speed. So this could be an issue. Hopefully someone emerges among (Jan. enrollees) Haile, Long and Barnes, (transfer) Lewis from ND and McDaniel in July.
Exactly. Went by them and slowed down a touch for throw.

I was watching our edge guy and he would swim move past an OL to free up and would immediately slow up once past the OL.
Exactly what i saw.