2024 Spring Practice | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Spring Practice

Super excited to see Yazeed play this year. I think he is going to have a few WOW moments. He came across really well in this interview. He looks real young and sometimes it’s easy to forget that a lot of these players are still basically kids. I’m really bullish on our receiving corps this upcoming year. I haven’t felt that way for at least 5+ years about the group.

Last edited:
Damn looked like Villari 1 Simmons 0
Not really clear, seems like Simmons must have pushed Villari off the field so that they ended up at the snow.

Not really clear, seems like Simmons must have pushed Villari off the field so that they ended up at the snow.

Maybe I just see snow on Simmons not Villari

Premature on Willis pushing Allen. Allen’s a top 15 running back imo.

"Premature anything is bad."
- James Arthur Boeheim

Still, Willis is a BIG kid, who also has speed and good feet.
LeQuint is clearly RB1, but Willis is no worse than RB2, and maybe even RB1b.

Ideally we won't run LeQuint into the ground, and the staff will mix and match with them both getting reps and sets that work to their respective strengths.

Would LOVE to see us have another one of those 2012 type seasons where TWO RB's both tally big yardage totals.
Nassib lit it up at QB, and both 'Rome & PTG had big yardage AND total yarfs #'s.
Rome ran for 1171 & 83 receiving = 1254 total.
PTG ran for 830 & 282 receiving = 1112 total.

"Premature anything is bad."
- James Arthur Boeheim

Still, Willis is a BIG kid, who also has speed and good feet.
LeQuint is clearly RB1, but Willis is no worse than RB2, and maybe even RB1b.

Ideally we won't run LeQuint into the ground, and the staff will mix and match with them both getting reps and sets that work to their respective strengths.

Would LOVE to see us have another one of those 2012 type seasons where TWO RB's both tally big yardage totals.
Nassib lit it up at QB, and both 'Rome & PTG had big yardage AND total yarfs #'s.
Rome ran for 1171 & 83 receiving = 1254 total.
PTG ran for 830 & 282 receiving = 1112 total.
Was going to use the same example. Hoping it doesn’t take Willis as long as it did for Jerome to not run tall and stop in the hole. Took him a couple of seems to run with forward lean, He got lit up a bunch

Yeah, thought that was getting a little ahead of things too.
We do it every year. Speculate that this freshman or "someone we've never actually seen play" is going to be a star. What's actually different on the forum is that the "if only" statements have dwindled (e.g. We just scored a 4-star recruit at left tackle... if only we had two more transfer guards... if only Ellis would lose weight... if only Wohlabaugh can come back... if only we can score a 5-star backup).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom