2024 Spring Practice | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Spring Practice

I dont know what he wanted. He is not a true back end safety. Maybe he wanted to play LB full time? Barron is on the same mold as Payton Wilson of NC state. Thats Justin's best bet to making a NFL roster.
yea I think the 3-3-5 stuff is more like what he would do to make an NFL roster

Here was my guess before this article

Center - 1 Reed, 2 More, 3 Ilaoa
Guard - 1 Miller, Moeolo; 2 Hornsby, Ellis; 3 Mack, Bass
Tackle - 1 ECJ, Weatherspoon; 2 Wohlabaugh, Bradford; 3 Petry, JCruz

4th - Rosahac, Goodacre, Miles, Brown-Miller

Center - that looks right

Guard - 1 Bradford and Petry; 2. Moeolo, JCruz,

Tackle - 1 ECJ, Weatherspoon; 2 Miller, Mack

Some of it makes sense, Hornsby isn’t on campus, Wohlabaugh is injured, Ellis is limited. With Bass and Ilaoa that’s the current third unit.

Good for them but didn’t expect Bradford and Petry to be competing for starting spots.

This whole group is in pencil.

Here was my guess before this article

Center - 1 Reed, 2 More, 3 Ilaoa
Guard - 1 Miller, Moeolo; 2 Hornsby, Ellis; 3 Mack, Bass
Tackle - 1 ECJ, Weatherspoon; 2 Wohlabaugh, Bradford; 3 Petry, JCruz

4th - Rosahac, Goodacre, Miles, Brown-Miller

Center - that looks right

Guard - 1 Bradford and Petry; 2. Moeolo, JCruz,

Tackle - 1 ECJ, Weatherspoon; 2 Miller, Mack

Some of it makes sense, Hornsby isn’t on campus, Wohlabaugh is injured, Ellis is limited. With Bass and Ilaoa that’s the current third unit.

Good for them but didn’t expect Bradford and Petry to be competing for starting spots.

This whole group is in pencil.
Miller is at LT with the second unit

I dont know what he wanted. He is not a true back end safety. Maybe he wanted to play LB full time? Barron is on the same mold as Payton Wilson of NC state. Thats Justin's best bet to making a NFL roster.

As I understand it, Barron was told by NFL people they wanted to see him play more of a LB role because that is where they see him if he makes it in the NFL. Barron was not going to stay if the scheme was the 3-3-5 regardless of who the coach was. He has his degree and is in grad school so he is focused on improving himself as a player so he can chase his dream of playing in the NFL.

He was also entertaining NIL offers from other programs. Ultimately a collective was able to improve his NIL situation at Syracuse which also influenced his decision to stay.

Barron is a high character young man. He is a very hard worker and has good leadership skills. He plays with an edge and is working to address his physical limitations. He is an asset to the program.

I assume the two OL from Hawaii will be cut/entering the transfer portal after the Spring game.
Who is that? I wouldn’t run Ellis off unless he isn’t trying.

I don’t think there is another Hawaiian on the team

Who is that? I wouldn’t run Ellis off unless he isn’t trying.

I don’t think there is another Hawaiian on the team
Austyn Kauhi

Believe he and Ellis are roommates.

As I understand it, Barron was told by NFL people they wanted to see him play more of a LB role because that is where they see him if he makes it in the NFL. Barron was not going to stay if the scheme was the 3-3-5 regardless of who the coach was. He has his degree and is in grad school so he is focused on improving himself as a player so he can chase his dream of playing in the NFL.

He was also entertaining NIL offers from other programs. Ultimately a collective was able to improve his NIL situation at Syracuse which also influenced his decision to stay.

Barron is a high character young man. He is a very hard worker and has good leadership skills. He plays with an edge and is working to address his physical limitations. He is an asset to the program.
Yes linebacker. Thats what I was thinking. Thanks for the context.

He was on it a couple of weeks ago.

I think we all knew it was a matter of time. I guess his time came.

Good luck to him wherever he ends up.

According to this article from 3/21 he wasn’t on the 2024 roster when it was released.

“Syracuse, N.Y. – Syracuse football released its 2024 roster Thursday, its first day of spring practice……

Among the 30 departures, eight had been unconfirmed until now: running back JJ Branham, running back Muwaffaq Parkman, wide receiver Kendall Long, defensive lineman Belizaire Bassette, linebacker Khalib Gilmore, linebacker Austin Roon, offensive lineman Austyn Kauhi and punter Max Von Marburg.”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom