2024 Spring Practice | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Spring Practice

Good grief, why do we need to keep rehashing the Coach P decision? It literally happened 20 years ago. This fan base really struggles with getting over the past.
his daughter is working for Fran. Fran's mentors are P&D. Not sure why he comes up.

We hired from an admiration society portion of his tree.

Attachments

• costanza.jpg
    costanza.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 14
Good grief, why do we need to keep rehashing the Coach P decision? It literally happened 20 years ago. This fan base really struggles with getting over the past.

Honestly, it was a power move by Fran sending her out there.

This man is definitely playing chess.

By putting her out there it says that Syracuse University and the athletic department have healed and the doors are open for ALL alumni

Great move by Coach Fran

I wasn't aware that toughness was a glaring issue for the OL. I thought discipline was the big kahuna.
I believe the issues were health, depth, size and talent. If you check the current depth chart (with one more good transfer not here yet), we have a full two deep, filled with returning veterans, seasoned transfers, 3 good younger guys looking to break in. Better size. Starting with depth and better talent, add toughness.

We haven’t had an OL two deep like this in many years.

Coach Fran mentioned him in a recent interview about old guys coming back.

He's trying to patch it. We'll see about Rob...
How does Rob get along with his peers from that era.

I mean Rob is a loose cannon but bleeds Orange. The guy who we need to get back in the fold is the Godfather himself, Marvin Harrison. He is the one who's given 0% back to the school in terms of being around. Perhaps a top 10 WR of all time and he is like JD Salinger.

Honestly, it was a power move by Fran sending her out there.

This man is definitely playing chess.

By putting her out there it says that Syracuse University and the athletic department have healed and the doors are open for ALL alumni

Great move by Coach Fran
Hopefully sometime he does what Mac did with Ben brings Coach P back to the program.
It seems like something Fran would do, and would be fitting.

his daughter is working for Fran. Fran's mentors are P&D. Not sure why he comes up.

We hired from an admiration society portion of his tree.
There’s a big difference between acknowledging Coach P’s granddaughter is currently on staff from rehashing a decision on P’s firing 20 years ago. The two people are related but the two topics are not.

How does Rob get along with his peers from that era.

I mean Rob is a loose cannon but bleeds Orange. The guy who we need to get back in the fold is the Godfather himself, Marvin Harrison. He is the one who's given 0% back to the school in terms of being around. Perhaps a top 10 WR of all time and he is like JD Salinger.
dont you mean "Terence Mann"

Yet it seems like the players really like him and the recruits have all commented on his coaching intensity. I'll wait and see how the unit performs.

This is the key to the whole team.
I'm feeling pretty good about how everything else looks.
If we have a legitimately good offensive line, this could be a great team.

I believe the issues were health, depth, size and talent. If you check the current depth chart (with one more good transfer not here yet), we have a full two deep, filled with returning veterans, seasoned transfers, 3 good younger guys looking to break in. Better size. Starting with depth and better talent, add toughness.

We haven’t had an OL two deep like this in many years.

I'll be nervous until I see it. The last couple years, we have been optimistic about returning O linemen, only for 3 or 4 of them to get hurt in summer camp.

And another "Debbie Downer" reminder - usually in spring ball, the defense is ahead of the offensive, and with some of this guys we've brought in on the D line, well, if the O line can hold their own, that's a huge win, and a great sign for the new season.

I'm kind of expecting the D line to look impressive, and the O line to look adequate. Hopefully not too many delay of game or holding penalties. Good execution. It would be asking a lot that we see real chemistry yet among so many new guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom