2024 Winter Workout | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Winter Workout

I feel bad that Alford won't get to use it.

Neon Rated GIF by NEON

Early morning workout video from Coach Nick Williams...the boys are getting after it!

We oughta recruit a few Navy SEALS for toughness.

The team has been working really hard in the winter strength and conditioning program. I was told one player said, "why haven't we been working like this before? I feel like I've wasted the last three years."

You may recall scene from the first video posted in this thread the guys looked like they were running into the weight room. They were. The team lifts Mon, Tues, Thurs and Friday, and is broken three groups. Each group gathers in the hallway outside the weightroom and runs to a station when the door is opened for them.

Everyone wears the same type of gray t-shirt with their last name on the back, the same type of shorts, and the same type of team issued black socks.

Players get their jersey number added on their shirt when the coaches/trainers think the player has earned it.

In the weightroom:
  • NO hands on knees - it's a sign of weakness.
  • NO hands on hips - it's a sign of weakness.
  • NO hands over head - it's a sign of weakness.

The MAT drills (capture in the video posted today) started yesterday.

The Work IS The Work and it's all about DART.

D - attention to Details
A - Accountability
R - being Relentless
T - Toughness

Go Orange!

I love it. All in or you’re all out. Love not being allowed to show signs of weakness. It’s very uncomfortable to not be able to put your hands on your knees when you’re exhausted, and that’s why it’s not allowed. Mental discipline now will translate into mental discipline in the fall.

The team has been working really hard in the winter strength and conditioning program. I was told one player said, "why haven't we been working like this before? I feel like I've wasted the last three years."

You may recall scene from the first video posted in this thread the guys looked like they were running into the weight room. They were. The team lifts Mon, Tues, Thurs and Friday, and is broken three groups. Each group gathers in the hallway outside the weightroom and runs to a station when the door is opened for them.

Everyone wears the same type of gray t-shirt with their last name on the back, the same type of shorts, and the same type of team issued black socks.

Players get their jersey number added on their shirt when the coaches/trainers think the player has earned it.

In the weightroom:

D - attention to Details
A - Accountability
R - being Relentless
T - Toughness

Go Orange!
Thank you for posting stuff like this. Gets me excited to see that we are finally doing what needs to be done to compete with the big boys.

In the weightroom:

D - attention to Details
A - Accountability
R - being Relentless
T - Toughness

Go Orange!
Stuff like this is huge. It instills discipline. I have a feeling we aren’t going to be seeing multiple false starts and pre snap penalties this season and if they do it won’t be brushed off as it being part of the game.

In the weightroom:

D - attention to Details
A - Accountability
R - being Relentless
T - Toughness

Go Orange!
Out of curiousity, do they squat or deadlift heavy and then immediatly do a sprint after words or heavy bench and then do heavy med ball throws to do power then application. Just wodering and do they use bands and chains. Sorry so many questions.

Seems like you have to be pretty committed or you can wash out pretty quickly.

All in or all out.

Assuming QB1 will be a captain. Had a walking boot. Now is out there. No complaints.

Don’t think we’ll have an issue with scholarship numbers.

In the weightroom:

D - attention to Details
A - Accountability
R - being Relentless
T - Toughness

Go Orange!
Welcome to Boot Camp in Fran Brown's Army.

In the weightroom:

D - attention to Details
A - Accountability
R - being Relentless
T - Toughness

Go Orange!
Thank you for the view behind the curtain SUDad. Good stuff.

In the weightroom:

D - attention to Details
A - Accountability
R - being Relentless
T - Toughness

Go Orange!
Love this stuff.

How many guys have earned a # so far?

Red Flag: I would like to have seen more grunting, grimacing and clenched teeth. At this rate, I don't see us winning more than a couple of OOC games. .
Body language clues. That’s all we need to know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom