2024 Winter Workout | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Winter Workout

I cannot fully fathom how lucky we are to have this coach who is everything that we’ve wanted. I say this with full respect to Dino because he’s a great man - we just needed this.

Honest - as much as possible. Corners and WRs are an issue - whether you agree with him or not, that’s his stance. How unreal and refreshing it is to hear that?

Spring Game - I mean…wow. It’s not going to be a fakeout to the teams we are not beating. Former players as the coaches is bit weird - but he’s trying to link our history with the present. How can you not love it.

It’s been said but the OG stuff. It’s just great for us as fans to have this insight. He’s trying to steal my swag. Crazy

Then he named the WRs Haynes, Hatcher, Pena and then the Meeks stuff which we’ve heard. So now we know his top players at the position as of now.

So much more too. We got the guy. We got it. Can’t wait for the season.

Also on Haynes - my first thought is he only runs one route. However after watching the tape more - his route running is outstanding. Pro level. This guy is going to be a monster. He perfected that route and the 1 or 2 variations of it. It’s actually 2 routes. He runs them so well. Change of pace, selling the fake, the cuts. Just impressive.

Last edited:
IMG_3448.jpeg

I cannot fully fathom how lucky we are to have this coach who is everything that we’ve wanted. I say this with full respect to Dino because he’s a great man - we just needed this.

Honest - as much as possible. Corners and WRs are an issue - whether you agree with him or not, that’s his stance. How unreal and refreshing it is to hear that?

Spring Game - I mean…wow. It’s not going to be a fakeout to the teams we are not beating. Former players as the coaches is bit weird - but he’s trying to link our history with the present. How can you not love it.

It’s been said but the OG stuff. It’s just great for us as fans to have this insight. He’s trying to steal my swag. Crazy

Then he named the WRs Haynes, Hatcher, Pena and then the Meeks stuff which we’ve heard. So now we know his top players at the position as of now.

The former players are going to be honorary Head coaches.

Where did you hear all of this?

I'm glad people are excited. Nice chance to revel in some meathead glory.

It's not for me. I've worked in tech for too long. I'd be a dude self selecting out because I wouldn't buy in to putting arms over your head to breathe better meaning weakness, or feeling like there's something wrong with wearing sweat pants.

Yeah, yeah, I'm not DART. It's cool, whatever. Before I get ratio'd and get told I'll never amount to anything, anyone thinking that can calm down, I already have been far more successful than I ever expected.

I do believe this all will work for Fran and work for our team, and it will be very rewarding when they feel the payoff.

Thanks for posting this, SuFTW

Maybe it's just me, but I think Steve Infanti does a really nice job with these interviews and the types of questions he asks.

I'm glad people are excited. Nice chance to revel in some meathead glory.

It's not for me. I've worked in tech for too long. I'd be a dude self selecting out because I wouldn't buy in to putting arms over your head to breathe better meaning weakness, or feeling like there's something wrong with wearing sweat pants.

Yeah, yeah, I'm not DART. It's cool, whatever. Before I get ratio'd and get told I'll never amount to anything, anyone thinking that can calm down, I already have been far more successful than I ever expected.

I do believe this all will work for Fran and work for our team, and it will be very rewarding when they feel the payoff.

Certainly your right to feel that way. But I'm not sure we can compare the tech industry to intense football workouts. I think the reason for no hands on hips, knees etc. is to make the guys feel the pain/discomfort and push through it. This way when game days come along, everything seems easier, physically, emotionally & mentally.

Side note - I actually tried the no hands on hips, overhead, all that during a workout this weekend. It sucked. And that was only for 35-40 min, at a much less intense level than these guys. but I'm north of 40, so we'll call it even.

Certainly your right to feel that way. But I'm not sure we can compare the tech industry to intense football workouts. I think the reason for no hands on hips, knees etc. is to make the guys feel the pain/discomfort and push through it. This way when game days come along, everything seems easier, physically, emotionally & mentally.

Side note - I actually tried the no hands on hips, overhead, all that during a workout this weekend. It sucked. And that was only for 35-40 min, at a much less intense level than these guys. but I'm north of 40, so we'll call it even.
Oh I realize they're different worlds. This may be the only way to win in college football.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom