2024 Yankees Season | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Yankees Season

New York Yankees What GIF by MLB

I feel like Nestor getting shelled was probably like -1500. Sheesh.

Oof, just catching up...two double plays in two innings?

Man Soto can’t hit (a called strike that far out of the strike zone )

Great to see the Yankees Offense in mid-season form. 3 bases loaded double plays sums up the last 5 years perfectly.

too bad Berti couldn’t get to Houston in time. Guy is a stud.

And I want Wells over Trevino but I assume it’s do to lefty pitcher today.

There are no more Joel Youngblood's anymore. The Mets did stink in the early 80's, so he probably couldn't get out of town fast enough.

From Wiki.
"On August 4, 1982, Youngblood became the only player in MLB history to get hits for two different teams in two different cities on the same day.[5] Youngblood started the day as the starting centerfielder for the New York Mets on the road in Chicago against the Cubs, who played all their home games in the afternoon at that time due to Wrigley Field having yet to install lights. In the third inning, hitting off future Hall of Famer Ferguson Jenkins, Youngblood drove in two runs with a single.[6] He was on deck in the next inning when he was called back to the dugout, where he was informed he had been traded to the Montreal Expos. Not only had he been traded, but the Expos had requested Youngblood make himself available for their game later that evening in Philadelphia as they were particularly short handed on players. After saying goodbye to his Mets teammates, checking out of his hotel room in Chicago, and then having to return to Wrigley Field to retrieve his fielding glove, Youngblood boarded a 6:05 PM flight from O’Hare International Airport and landed in Philadelphia approximately ninety minutes later. He reached Veterans Stadium, where the Expos were playing the Phillies, during the sixth inning; Expos manager Jim Fanning called on Youngblood to pinch hit shortly after his arrival. Facing another future Hall of Famer in Steve Carlton, Youngblood reached on an infield single when Manny Trillo could not field the ball cleanly. No one has accomplished this feat since"

I'll say it now (and I should have said it yesterday) No one is going 162-0 or 0-162.
What's the saying? Every team wins 50 and every team loses 50. How you perform in the other 62 is what makes the difference.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom