2026 FIFA World Cup | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2026 FIFA World Cup

1. re: DC: Some are seeing the rejection as an FU to Snyder by the US federation per the WaPo because FedEx Field was the proposed DC venue.

2. re grass in domes: I believe I saw in a previous World Cup discussion that a Michigan State professor came up with these removable hexagonal pallets that have grass on top. Between game days, the pallets can be taken outside to get sunlight and then reassembled to make a grass playing surface. I'm surprised Phoenix didn't get any games since the grass field of the whoever-the-sponsor-is-this-week stadium slides out for sunlight.

Yep, MSU knew if Detroit were selected they would be responsible for developing the grass to be used at the Silverdome.

Once they developed the proper mix they sent it to California to grow the full quantity. They carved it into those hexagonal sections and trucked it back to Michigan.

Almost lost a full truckload when one of the drivers missed an exit and nearly rolled the refrigerated semi. It would’ve forced US Soccer to move those games from Detroit.

A Cut Above : Growing Grass for Indoors During World Cup Has Been Labor of Love, but Big Test Is Today

1707087673653.png

Bummed that the USMNT is staying on the Westcoast (LA - Seattle - LA) for the Group Stage.