247Sports post-Spring ACC power rankings | Syracusefan.com

247Sports post-Spring ACC power rankings

The conference looks deeper this year so we could finish 11th, but an 8 win team

The conference looks deeper this year so we could finish 11th, but an 8 win team
That was my take away - that Syracuse could be a very sound 8 win team and only 11th best over-all. In such a case, ACC football would be much better than Big 12 and better than BT.

It took losing GS, OG, Pena, and Dave W to limit the wins to three.

Upgrade at Qb, OG and Pena are back, Villari isn’t learning on the fly. Deeper on both lines, LB is 4 deep.

Who is the top ranked QB the ACC? The team he plays for is got to be in top 5.

A lot of people think so. I saw him play only small parts of 2 games last year. He looked good and potentially explosive but not great.
3,735 yards, 25 TDs, and 7 int is pretty impressive though. Pretty similar to McCord last year stat wise it looks like.

3,735 yards, 25 TDs, and 7 int is pretty impressive though. Pretty similar to McCord last year stat wise it looks like.
Exactly. He’s a stud. Look at all of his stats while at Washington St. and his previous stop all be it at Incarnate Word.

Plus in the Miami spring game Ward completed 19 of 24 passes (79 percent) for 324 yards and three touchdowns.

Exactly. He’s a stud. Look at all of his stats while at Washington St. and his previous stop all be it at Incarnate Word.

Plus in the Miami spring game Ward completed 19 of 24 passes (79 percent) for 324 yards and three touchdowns.
McCord>Ward.

A lot of people think so. I saw him play only small parts of 2 games last year. He looked good and potentially explosive but not great.
Tyler Van Dyke went from Heisman dark horse under Manny Diaz to lost-looking benchwarmer under Mario Cristobal.

Too soon to say if this is a trend, but something to keep in mind.

Incarnate Word is 1AA (FCS). It is not even G5. So any stats there must be questionable, and perhaps close to meaningless in terms of what that means for the player in a Major conference.

And the Pac is not exactly known for strong, tough, well coached defenses. It is known for wide open offenses that can rack up the yards and pints even when then team is not much more than a lucky .500. McCord's stats in the BT, a league with much tougher Ds overall, could say a whole lot more than Ward's stats at Wazzou.

But we will see, and the results also very much will be about what the current coaching staff is able to do with the new transfer QB.

I think it's really, really hard to make a prediction on the year given the roster churn and that Fran's in his debut year as a HC. Lots of variance.

I drink orange koolaid, so I'm thinking will be in the conference championship game but I'll allow for 11th ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom