28th in Coach's Poll / 36th in AP | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

28th in Coach's Poll / 36th in AP

Musical Chairs: Duke joins the AP Top 25; Virginia Tech, BC fall out - ACCSports.com

The AP Top 25 poll for Week 4 of the 2018 college football season is out. A week after four ACC teams landed in the top 25, three squads land in the poll this week. There’s some shuffling of the chairs, too. Here’s a look.
  • No. 3 Clemson
  • No. 16 Miami
  • No. 22 Duke (hosts Virginia Tech on Saturday)
Saturday was no fun for Virginia Tech and Boston College. The Hokies fell on the road upset fashion, too. A 49-35 loss to Old Dominion drops VT from No. 13 to unranked — wow. In West Lafayette, BC sputtered offensively, got hosed (probably) by the refs and lost to Purdue; following the loss — after landing in the poll for the first time since 2008 — BC quickly dropped from the AP Top 25. The Eagles received zero votes this week.

So VPI beats FSU and an FCS, then gets beat by an 0-3 G5 team and is ranked. SU beats FSU and an FCS and 2 G5 teams, and is not ranked. After 4 weeks you should be voting based on performance and not preseason expectations, but these SIDs who rank these teams for their coaches don't watch the games and/or are lazy.

Amazing that the Coaches Poll was used to decide a national champion until very recently

Well, then I guess there’s only one thing left to do

Attachments

• 8BF1CDB8-B64B-4173-90EB-2C21049A8A2F.jpeg
    8BF1CDB8-B64B-4173-90EB-2C21049A8A2F.jpeg
    15.1 KB · Views: 26
As I said in another thread, it's ridiculous that my home team, MSU, is ranked, and Syracuse isn't. But I don't like to be ranked. Fly under the radar and keep the chip on your shoulder.

As I said in another thread, it's ridiculous that my home team, MSU, is ranked, and Syracuse isn't. But I don't like to be ranked. Fly under the radar and keep the chip on your shoulder.

I disagree. Being ranked is always better than not being ranked. When you're ranked, your highlights are more likely to be shown on Sportscenter, you're more likely to get mentioned on Gameday, more likely to get shown on a score ticker. Exposure is everything.

I disagree. Being ranked is always better than not being ranked. When you're ranked, your highlights are more likely to be shown on Sportscenter, you're more likely to get mentioned on Gameday, more likely to get shown on a score ticker. Exposure is everything.

Exposure is #1. It's how you get recruits, it's how you get prime TV game times and channels, it's how you get attendance, it's how you get respect, it's how you get on the last 10 minutes of Gameday when they are doing their pick, etc. If you want the ceaseless "Well, it's just Syracuse" or "How did they lose to Syracuse?" to end, then you should want us ranked. Why anyone would not want us ranked "to fly under the radar" is baffling. I want to be No. 1, always. And if not No. 1, then no. 2, and so on and so on. I would never, ever not want to be ranked.

Exposure is #1. It's how you get recruits, it's how you get prime TV game times and channels, it's how you get attendance, it's how you get respect, it's how you get on the last 10 minutes of Gameday when they are doing their pick, etc. If you want the ceaseless "Well, it's just Syracuse" or "How did they lose to Syracuse?" to end, then you should want us ranked. Why anyone would not want us ranked "to fly under the radar" is baffling. I want to be No. 1, always. And if not No. 1, then no. 2, and so on and so on. I would never, ever not want to be ranked.

We won the 2003 hoops title starting the season unranked so people have created this irrational rule of thumb that being under the radar is good. You always want to be above the radar, it means you matter and you're relevant.

We won the 2003 hoops title starting the season unranked so people have created this irrational rule of thumb that being under the radar is good. You always want to be above the radar, it means you matter and you're relevant.

Only if football had a 68 team tournament to crown a Champion. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom