3-3-5 Defense | Syracusefan.com

3-3-5 Defense

Crusty

Living Legend
In the past we regularly beat up on WVU's 3-3-5 - what the hell happened last night?

we kept throwing screen passes. we didnt run in the box enough except OT

Crusty said:
In the past we regularly beat up on WVU's 3-3-5 - what the hell happened last night?

Shafer and McDonald said we had trouble making calls and adjustments because the 3 LB's line up directly behind the 3 down linemen. Pretty exotic look and Wilson/Miller were having a tough time with protections.

I think the injuries to Palmer and Robinson really hurt our game plan. If we had one I think we roll.

Nova is better coached and has better talent than wvu couchburn

If Friday night's game is any indication that can also apply to us...unfortunately.

I don't know about real life but I kill it in EA NCAA by running in between the tackles.

Shafer and McDonald said we had trouble making calls and adjustments because the 3 LB's line up directly behind the 3 down linemen. Pretty exotic look and Wilson/Miller were having a tough time with protections.
But that is just a 3-3 stack that we have killed before. Nova had our tendencies and were able to negate our blocking schemes I think. I am afraid we we were playing checkers and they were playing chess. Really concerns me.

I think the injuries to Palmer and Robinson really hurt our game plan. If we had one I think we roll.

Do we know when they will be back? The line was a mess. Even without the 2 of them, I did not expect an issue against Nova.

Do we know when they will be back? The line was a mess. Even without the 2 of them, I did not expect an issue against Nova.
Theoretically for CMU. But, it makes a difference if they are back for practice today vs back for practice next Monday.

I just watched the highlights (lowlights?) of the OT again. On 3rd down from the two, on the series just before the fake field goal, Lasker and Foy just got obliterated, knocked on their butts backwards into the backfield. Not a secret why Ameen-Moore got tackled behind the line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom