3-3-5 not for the big ten? | Syracusefan.com

3-3-5 not for the big ten?

orangesox44

Scout Team
I love tony white and everything he’s done for us…. But who in their right mind would think that a newly installed 3-3-5 defense could ever work in the big10 with their monster OLs and running games?

They probably just offered the best 10 or so somewhat realistic coordinators out there and White was the best guy who didn’t say no.

I wish him good luck but it seems strange. Rhule was a DC. I do not think he has ever run a 3-3-5. Seems like similar situation to AzSt. I thought he ended up getting pushed out of the DC job when they were changing defenses and then Dino came and offered. Hopefully for coach white he is not forced to run a different system. Seemed like Dino gave him a lot of autonomy in running the D.

I wish him good luck but it seems strange. Rhule was a DC. I do not think he has ever run a 3-3-5. Seems like similar situation to AzSt. I thought he ended up getting pushed out of the DC job when they were changing defenses and then Dino came and offered. Hopefully for coach white he is not forced to run a different system. Seemed like Dino gave him a lot of autonomy in running the D.

I love tony white and everything he’s done for us…. But who in their right mind would think that a newly installed 3-3-5 defense could ever work in the big10 with their monster OLs and running games?
He should talk to Shafer about running a 3-3-5 in the Big 1?

Why can't it work? Get bigger faster players in the same system and it won't have the same problems against the run we had this year. Our problems were not the system. They were personnel, specifically injuries and lack of depth.

U would have to have 3 big cats that can move quick.

Why can't it work? Get bigger faster players in the same system and it won't have the same problems against the run we had this year. Our problems were not the system. They were personnel, specifically injuries and lack of depth.

It can work if Rhule and Nebraska fans have a little patience. But what are the chances of that happening? White is in a rough spot having a D minded HC who doesn't know your system.

The cool thing is we'll see how it goes. It beat Purdue and they won the west.

It can work if Rhule and Nebraska fans have a little patience. But what are the chances of that happening? White is in a rough spot having a D minded HC who doesn't know your system.
If he wasn't familiar with the system, why poach him? I would think he had options.

Purdue is a passing offense

Very true but that running back is the key to that passing game. They will run the ball if it's working and continue to do so.

Rhule ran a 3-3-5 at Baylor in 2019

That is familiarity with the unique Rocky Long system?

I am surprised Snow didn't follow him there. I guess he is retiring. Definitely gives Rhule a fall back.

I am pretty sure Rhule has always been friendly to the 3-3-5. Nebraska fans are telling themselves it is just a 3-4 in nickel. Yikes.

Purdue beat Purdue. We just slowed them down a little. They put up nearly 500 yards of offense.
Sorry but I disagree. Syracuse won that game, one of the most exciting games in the dome for a very long time. It was track meet. I'm tired of seeing this false narrative that SU didn't earn that win.

Sorry but I disagree. Syracuse won that game, one of the most exciting games in the dome for a very long time. It was track meet. I'm tired of seeing this false narrative that SU didn't earn that win.
485 - 306

Rhule ran a 3-3-5 at Baylor in 2019
That was obviously also a passing league. I’m just seeing LBer’s in gaps ready to rush against OT and sometime OG’s and have flash backs of Rich Rod at Michigan . If they can recruit 285lb DE’s and a 300+ Lb DT to go with LB’s with size they have a chance. But they play Iowa, Michigan Sr, Minnesota, Northwestern, and Wisconsin annually who play old school 3 yards and a cloud of dust type offenses. It’s going to be interesting that’s for sure. I hope he has thick skin. Nebraska fans were already complaining about a 3-3-5

Of course they earned it. Being benefitted by timely penalties is a knock on Purdue and it all counts. But when you look at the box score, that's a box score that says Purdue wins that game more often than it loses that game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom