3 New QBs... | Syracusefan.com

3 New QBs...

Not really much to discuss. TD has a new QB coach, a better line, and a clear idea of what to work on. I’m not sure there will be a ton of competition in that TD is far and away the best option and the two unknowns are true freshman.

I’m excited that there could be competition, hopefully good depth, and most importantly Gilbert’s influence on the offense and QB room.

I think it's going to be good for TD to have a couple of additional eyes and minds in the film room when breaking down game tape

I think it is very possible that a grad transfer comes in at qb unless summers has really developed. That will give our new qbs time to learn the system.
As a fan I am still concerned about TD. I know he was highly rated recruit but there were definitely issues in his game play. I know some of that was the line, but there were other issues that have previously discussed by numerous posters.
I hope Gilbert can come in and make the corrections and TD has a great season. However I think we need to get a grad transfer to compete and for depth.

I think it is very possible that a grad transfer comes in at qb unless summers has really developed. That will give our new qbs time to learn the system.
As a fan I am still concerned about TD. I know he was highly rated recruit but there were definitely issues in his game play. I know some of that was the line, but there were other issues that have previously discussed by numerous posters.
I hope Gilbert can come in and make the corrections and TD has a great season. However I think we need to get a grad transfer to compete and for depth.
We have 7 QB’s- 5 on scholarship now. Do you really think we’re going to bring in another? No. We are done at QB.

One of the things that was appealing to me about Dino's system when we first hired him was that you didn't need a stud, NFL-caliber QB in order to be successful -- and as long as we had good system fits, we'd be in good shape. Given our historical struggles recruiting QBs post-McNabb, that was appealing.

To be clear: the goal is always to get stud QBs, and higher rated guys are preferable to lower rated prospects, all things equal. But I think this class gives us some quality in the room, and nets three guys who seem to be good system fit types on paper. And if one [or more] pan out and exceed their rating, then disco -- we're set long-term. I acknowledge that it remains to be seen whether Summers, or the two scholarship QBs in this class end up emerging as the next "guy," but I like that we've now got some quality prospects in the pipeline, and I like our situation today a LOT more than I did after the early signing period.

Now -- let's go win some games next season and make this an attractive landing spot for highly rated propects in the class of 2021.

Last edited:
One of the things that was appealing to me about Dino's system when we first hired him was that you didn't need a stud, NFL-caliber QB in order to be successful -- and as long as we had good system fits, we'd be in good shape. Given our historical struggles recruiting QBs post-McNabb, that was appealing.

To be clear: the goal is always to get stud QBs, and higher rated guys are preferable to lower rated prospects, all things equal. But I think this class gives us some quality in the room, and nets three guys who seem to be good system fit types on paper. And if one [or more] pan out and exceed their rating, then disco -- we're set long-term. I acknowledge that it remains to be seen whether Summers, or the two scholarship QBs in this class end up emerging as the next "guy," but I like that we've now got some quality prospects in the pipeline, and I like our situation today a LOT more than I did after the early signing period.

Now -- let's go win some games next season and make this an attractive landing spot for highly rated propects in the class of 2021.
If we don't have a committed QB before the 2020 season kicks off, we're in the same spot as this season. Need a QB to launch the class. Summer commitment at the latest. I'm sure this staff will get it done.

we just need one of these kids to step up to a solid #2 so that we dont have issues if TD gets beat up again.

We're bringing in a 4-Star A-lister this year to replace DeVito.
08fd4e6d090bb3d65041f0ad27a5e34f.jpg

I have a gut feeling that TD will move on to the NFL if he has the season we all hope he has this year.

Last edited: