3 of the last 4 games on a saturday... | Syracusefan.com

3 of the last 4 games on a saturday...

orangefan13

Hall of Fame
I have work during 2 of them maybe the florida state will be a night game or something. Not complaing just strange to have 3 of your last 4 games 11 am (8am for us west coasters) on a saturday.
Goes right along with the 9 days off. Very strange schedule this year.

You have your times off. I do it all the time up here. They are 2pm east coast, so 11am for you, 10am for me. Bar doesnt open until 11!!

You have your times off. I do it all the time up here. They are 2pm east coast, so 11am for you, 10am for me. Bar doesnt open until 11!!

What I dislike the most are the 4pm weekday games.

What I dislike the most are the 4pm weekday games.

Ughh me too. The 4pm games for you, are 3pm for me. Typically I can watch them at work, and they are over right around 5. No problem. 4pm games for me suck, because it's 10 minutes to the bar from work.

West coast time zones suuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Ughh me too. The 4pm games for you, are 3pm for me. Typically I can watch them at work, and they are over right around 5. No problem. 4pm games for me suck, because it's 10 minutes to the bar from work.

West coast time zones suuuuuuuuuuuuuck

I like the times on the weekends, but man, I watch the games from work, then have to rush to the bar without changing into Cuse gear, and I'm usually a minute or two late. I'd be ok with it if I could LEAVE at 4, but even that doesn't work, I leave at 4 and I still don't make it home then to the bar until 4:30, I'd have to leave at 3:30 and I can't really do that.

I like the times on the weekends, but man, I watch the games from work, then have to rush to the bar without changing into Cuse gear, and I'm usually a minute or two late. I'd be ok with it if I could LEAVE at 4, but even that doesn't work, I leave at 4 and I still don't make it home then to the bar until 4:30, I'd have to leave at 3:30 and I can't really do that.
Bring the gear to work, change in the restroom either there or at the bar.

To each his/her own. I and many out-of-towners prefer weekend day games because they are the easiest for us to attend. No one wants to be driving home to the Albany or Buffalo or Binghamton areas after a 9 p.m. week night game.

There's a reason why the weekend games get the highest attendance.

To each his/her own. I and many out-of-towners prefer weekend day games because they are the easiest for us to attend. No one wants to be driving home to the Albany or Buffalo or Binghamton areas after a 9 p.m. week night game.

There's a reason why the weekend games get the highest attendance.

I deff like weekend games over weekday games. I'd just rather a game that starts after 3pm on the east coast, making it 11am or later for me. They took the keys to the bar from me, so getting in at 8am is starting to be a pain.

I deff like weekend games over weekday games. I'd just rather a game that starts after 3pm on the east coast, making it 11am or later for me. They took the keys to the bar from me, so getting in at 8am is starting to be a pain.
If you are in walking distance that shouldn't be a problem, unless you are like my friend who refuses to drink at home. Start your buzz with something morning appropriate.

If you are in walking distance that shouldn't be a problem, unless you are like my friend who refuses to drink at home. Start your buzz with something morning appropriate.

Ha! I also refuse to drink at home! I thought I was the only one who was weird like that...

Edit- this started over the last few years... I used to always have booze and beer in the house in case people came over.. Not sure what changed, but now I hate drinking at home.

My friend has a number of things he "won't do", some of which have hurt him. (Not so much the no drinking at home, although he could stand to put on 15 pounds and a beer or two nightly wouldn't hurt). But I sympathize because I was kind of similarly stubborn when I was younger. Unfortunately he will be 36 on Sunday and his youth is slipping by, which is bad because his goal is to go from background work as an actor to principal work. He did one national commercial about 8 years ago, which you may recall. He was the young wimpy Brian Ehrlacher (sp?) in an Old Spice commercial. But that was a long time ago.

My friend has a number of things he "won't do", some of which have hurt him. (Not so much the no drinking at home, although he could stand to put on 15 pounds and a beer or two nightly wouldn't hurt). But I sympathize because I was kind of similarly stubborn when I was younger. Unfortunately he will be 36 on Sunday and his youth is slipping by, which is bad because his goal is to go from background work as an actor to principal work. He did one national commercial about 8 years ago, which you may recall. He was the young wimpy Brian Ehrlacher (sp?) in an Old Spice commercial. But that was a long time ago.

Does he eat horribly? This guy might be me, 6 years from now (minus the acting)

Does he eat horribly? This guy might be me, 6 years from now (minus the acting)
Yeah kind of. Lots of pizza, burgers and Chinese food, except when he goes to his parents' house to eat. He FINALLY got a microwave so may keep some frozen food in the house. But he's fussy and doesn't like a lot of the choices. I told him to go to Trader Joes because their frozen food is quite good. We shall see.

He's not a fan of sandwiches either. I don't get that

Yeah kind of. Lots of pizza, burgers and Chinese food, except when he goes to his parents' house to eat. He FINALLY got a microwave so may keep some frozen food in the house. But he's fussy and doesn't like a lot of the choices. I told him to go to Trader Joes because their frozen food is quite good. We shall see.

He's not a fan of sandwiches either. I don't get that

Minus the sandwiches, (I could eat nothing but sandwiches) this guy sounds just like me. I switched from the microwave to the toaster oven a while ago tho. Moving in with the girlfriend has helped a lot. She cooks some outstanding food, but all I really want is the meat. You can keep your lettuce.

(Sorry for derailing the thread lol)

This post made me laugh. It has a CaliCuse-like randomness about it, but is more coherent and well-written.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom