3 reasons why Syracuse football coach Scott Shafer favors an early signing period | Syracusefan.com

3 reasons why Syracuse football coach Scott Shafer favors an early signing period

I see he mentions the transfer stuff at the end ... I wonder if that was a veiled shot at Malik Brown or do they have several that want to go back to SU after going elsewhere?

I see he mentions the transfer stuff at the end ... I wonder if that was a veiled shot at Malik Brown or do they have several that want to go back to SU after going elsewhere?

Seemed that way to me. I don't think it was a shot - as much as honesty.

Seemed that way to me. I don't think it was a shot - as much as honesty.

True however if he has yet to respond to Malik and it is then put in print like that for the whole world to see ... then ... well I think you know where I am going with that :)

Pretty sure that's not how shafer operates. He doesn't strike me as the kind to put stuff out to the media without talking to the person it effects first.

Pretty sure that's not how shafer operates. He doesn't strike me as the kind to put stuff out to the media without talking to the person it effects first.

I agree however its a quiet period right? So I don't think he can talk to Malik ... although not sure if that applies to transfers.