3 weeks ago ... | Syracusefan.com

3 weeks ago ...

armory

All American
... if you had said we would reach the finals of the BET, beat Georgetown in the last ever BE meeting, and currently be preparing for the 2nd weekend of the NCAA tourney having reached the sweet 16... I think we ALL would have sprinted to the cage to cash in those chips, declaring this season a roaring success.

Just a reality check to ease the nerves. We are playing with the house's money at this point.

... if you had said we would reach the finals of the BET, beat Georgetown in the last ever BE meeting, and be preparing for the 2nd weekend of the NCAA tourney having reached the sweet 16... I think we ALL would have sprinted to the cage to cash in those chips, declaring this season a roaring success.

Just a reality check to ease the nerves. We are playing with the house's money at this point.

The only successful end to the season is winning your last game in the NCAA Tournament.

Finshing in the top 16 in the nation, woo.

Actually it was just two weeks ago (!!) we were coming off the drubbing by Georgetown, had lost 4 of 5, and people were talking bubble for us and national championship for the Hoyas. Two weeks later, we've won 5 of the next 6, including beating Georgetown and Pitt, put up one of the most dominating wins in NCAA history and are on our way to the Sweet 16. While the Hoyas lick their wounds at home. So yes, can't complain at this point.

considering the limitations and youth of this team. i am elated that we are in the sweet 16. its absolutely house money at this point.

... if you had said we would reach the finals of the BET, beat Georgetown in the last ever BE meeting, and currently be preparing for the 2nd weekend of the NCAA tourney having reached the sweet 16... I think we ALL would have sprinted to the cage to cash in those chips, declaring this season a roaring success.

You are correct, however go back another three or four weeks and the opposite is true, we were in prime position to earn a number one seed and be a favorite to reach the final four. Expectations like our on the court results are fluid and change from week to week and sometimes even day to day. Despite the rough outing against Cal and last 15 against Louisville I think we playing some of our best basketball of the season the last few weeks. I don't buy the argument that we were playing better at the beginning of the year since the competition was so much lower.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom