30th anniversary undefeated season? | Syracusefan.com

30th anniversary undefeated season?

elimunelson

Solvay Fanatic
Are there plans to recognize the 87-88 undefeated team? Will the school join the 21st century and have a throwback uniform from 1987 for this season? I would love to see Dick Mac bask in the glory of that amazing season one more time in the twilight of his life.

Are there plans to recognize the 87-88 undefeated team? Will the school join the 21st century and have a throwback uniform from 1987 for this season? I would love to see Dick Mac bask in the glory of that amazing season one more time in the twilight of his life.
I vaguely remember hearing something is happening at one of this year's games; nothing about a jersey though.

Undefeated and Unforgotten

Thirty years ago the Syracuse University football team made history finishing the regular season with an 11-0 record and earned an invitation to the Sugar Bowl. The '87 Orange became the second 'Cuse gridiron squad to go undefeated, joining the 1959 national champions in that elite club. This fall, Syracuse University will celebrate the 30th anniversary of that historic team on Sept. 9 when the Orange host Middle Tennessee.

I vaguely remember hearing something is happening at one of this year's games; nothing about a jersey though.

Undefeated and Unforgotten

Thank you. The 1987 team, although a major BC fan at the time, opened my eyes to the greatness of Syracuse University. The school, from an outsider, looked so progressive with the on campus Dome and captivating option offense. Always loved seeing Mac on the sideline in his suit. Always seemed to be such a professional look and made the Orange seem formidable.