40,769 attendance | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

40,769 attendance

I go to all the bball games and they seldom fill up the lower section during non-conference. And of course they are gone for a month over New Year’s. They show up big for the big games. You KNOW they’ll show up for Duke!

I don’t want to rag on the students. During our 2009-10 season they were fantastic! That was the year of the big heads. It was fun to watch them. They made the Dome come alive. I hope they turn out big this year because it’s going to be a big year. GO SU STUDENTS!

Big heads: That was a ton of fun.

Hoping the clear panels in the renovation will let in more natural light, which would help immensely.
And put some color on the walls. Even the Jim brown banner looks dreary.

Student section was pathetic. Student attendance is embarrassingly bad overall and I don’t get that youre students. If it’s not free for them it should be.

The empty less desirable seats in the upper end zones should be $10 from here on out until things change. the $10 sections were absolutely packed last night. A guy with season tickets next to us said he’d never seen the upper end zone have that many people in six years. the seats with people in them spend money, it doesn’t
take a brain surgeon.

Last edited:
Student section was pathetic. Student attendance is embarrassingly bad overall and I don’t get that youre students. If it’s not free for them it should be.

The empty less desirable seats in the end zones should be $10 from here on out until things change. the $10 sections were absolutely packed last night. A guy with season tickets next to us said he’d never seen the upper end zone have that many people in six years. the seats with people in them spend money, it doesn’t
take a brain surgeon.

3 thoughts. 1- Can we put the band in the corner and not in the end zone? FG in the last 5 min of 2nd quarter it looks like those sections are empty on TV.

2- Sell all the seats. Let's spread out. The top deck would look so much more full if we didnt hold certain sections back. Maybe people like the bird-eye view the last 8 rows offers? Let them go there and less silver visible.

3- Those 3rd tier corners should be MUCH cheaper. Not sure how cheap but cheap enough that people will buy them rather than cram into a slightly better section.

Check your cable
As I mentioned earlier there was significant space at midfield in the lower section that was obvious on tv. It filled in a little halfway through the first quarter but I could see space during the whole game. I can't speak to the rest of the stadium. I find it baffling that those sections wouldn't be completely full. I'm assuming those are season tickets that have been paid for. Why spend all that money and not go to a game against a ranked opponent with bowl eligibility on the line?

Most of these college kids aren't old enough to drink.

Right...people under the age of 21 who are in college don't consume alcohol...:confused:

If you don't sit in the student section you only need 1 person in your group to either be 21 or have an ID to drink due to the awesome 4 beer per order limit.

It should be free and part of tuition. Students watching SU home games on TV is more common that people think. Anyone doing that would go if its free IMO. Even for basketball it works since you have a football stadium and can even accommodate the entire student body for basketball they might be on the 10 yard line at the opposite end but you can do it. Students buy hot dogs too.

My baby sitter is a student with seasons. Didn’t go Saturday, and left at the half vs FSU. They just don’t care.

My baby sitter is a student with seasons. Didn’t go Saturday, and left at the half vs FSU. They just don’t care.
Ah yes, drawing conclusions from a sample of one. Always a good idea!

3 thoughts. 1- Can we put the band in the corner and not in the end zone? FG in the last 5 min of 2nd quarter it looks like those sections are empty on TV.

2- Sell all the seats. Let's spread out. The top deck would look so much more full if we didnt hold certain sections back. Maybe people like the bird-eye view the last 8 rows offers? Let them go there and less silver visible.

3- Those 3rd tier corners should be MUCH cheaper. Not sure how cheap but cheap enough that people will buy them rather than cram into a slightly better section.

Spread out: nobody is stopping them from sitting there now. I get that it’s not their assigned ticket, but I’ve never had an usher stop me from sitting in a very empty section of the nose bleeds.

Agree about the band, though. Maybe it’s a logistics thing.

Last edited:
first step is to take the end zone seats that are selling make them all 6 inches wider and spread people out.. you have a small issue with bball season tickets to deal with but that could be fixed by 2 sets of stickers on the seats. 2nd deal remove the silver seats and make the colored. if we cant get individual seats solve it in other ways

i few years of WINNING and getting ticket might be a problem ... ODD how winning(or a chance of) fixes alot things . Hell if we can recruit this well losing ....

The empty less desirable seats in the end zones should be $10 from here on out until things change. the $10 sections were absolutely packed last night. A guy with season tickets next to us said he’d never seen the upper end zone have that many people in six years. the seats with people in them spend money, it doesn’t
take a brain surgeon.

There was very little student section. And it was pretty full. Some spilled into the over flow section. A large chunk of the sideline section was student/parents. As to cost, student tixs were $5 the first couple games. They’ve been $20 since. $20 can be a lot to some college kids.

I think people worry too much about attendance. Get yourselves there and let others worry about whether they’re going. That crowd last night was big and it was loud the whole game. Yet people are still complaining.

How can those big boys (Ohio State, Alabama and the like) have 85,000 or even 100,000 regularly?

Ohio State is a massive institution -- it's has quadruple the number of students as Syracuse. There is just fundamentally more people associated with that place (and other huge land-grant schools) than a smallish private school like SU.

Despite people leaving early for those that stayed for the 4th quarter it was loud. Everyone was engaged. Great atmosphere. Loved post game as I was walking down the steps towards Irving some random guy standing there giving everyone coming down high 5's. Heard several people around shouting hell yeah. That was awesome!

I will never understand the people who leave either in the middle of the game or in the 4th quarter with the outcome far from decided. My God, last week against UNC and last night against NC St. people just leave? We have no business ever criticicizing any other fan base until this one cleans itself up.

I will never understand the people who leave either in the middle of the game or in the 4th quarter with the outcome far from decided. My God, last week against UNC and last night against NC St. people just leave? We have no business ever criticicizing any other fan base until this one cleans itself up.

A 30 year old something guy who sits in the row ahead of me has only stayed once in his 4 years of season tickets past halftime after getting there about 2 minutes after kickoff. I finally asked him why he leaves every game and he said the tickets were courtesy of his grandparents who have moved to Florida (never had realized that the older couple I had seen for years and he were even related) and that he goes to a pregame tailgate with friends, then meets them again after half time either at the tailgate when the weather is good, or at a bar. He says he always listens to the game afterwards or watches it at the bar. Very strange to me but he’s very engaged while there and always brings a friend with him. Not to be too judgmental but I wonder if the real attraction is actually the game or drinking for some people. Maybe there are a thousand people with a thousand of crazy reasons.

Audio’s definitely a part of it. I’d imagine with a new roof, new lighting would come as well.

The question is do either of them come with the 1st round of Reno’s? I’d think audio yes, lighting, no.
Lighting has to come with the new roof, unless we're playing in the dark. LED light package. If they shell out $$$ it could be insane.

7 football games left with the current roof.
I actually called salas office this past week with an idea on how to enhance the teams entry/experience by lowering the lights on their walk from the locker
room as they then enter the dome. Loved the idea and will likely incorporate the idea "when" the new lighting is put in. As it is currently the existing bank of lights take over 20+ minutes to get full up and running so no can do until the renovation.

Part of the problem on TV is that they only show the away side. Always has less than the home side in these times of lower attendance.

Upper corners on that side were empty. Upper half of upper deck sideline from the 20s to end zone was empty.

This should conclude the lesson on believing the Ticketmaster map.

The student section being weak yesterday is definitely due to Halloween weekend. If students went to the game/stayed the whole time, they wouldn't be able to go to their Halloween parties. I graduated last year and I'm a die hard, but even I would have second thoughts about missing out on the partying. Its just the way kids think nowadays. Louisville on a Friday night will be perfect. No excuses then

so my kid went to the game. drove back to ROCH and still went to the parties.. Im sure kids could survive getting to a party at 11pm. also dont they party on fri too?

I mean, are you serious? We weren't even close to 40k. I'll redirect the calibration comment back to you.
i think 40k was accurate. Ive been to almost every single game since i was 16 and able to drive myself to The Dome. That's 1996 on... ( sadly including the GRob years driving home from Boston for every home game) , and my ability to judge butts in seats is a 6th sense haha. Ive seen every number from 21k to close to sellout against Miami McNabb's last home game. We had 40k.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom