40 Bowls...Gonna need some 5-7 teams...why not Cuse? | Syracusefan.com

40 Bowls...Gonna need some 5-7 teams...why not Cuse?

Calilivin28

Walk On
With so many bowls, there are not going to be enough 6+ win teams to fill all the slots, so some 5 win teams will need to fill in the remaining slots. After yday's loss, 6-6 is going to be hard to reach, but 5-7 is def possible. If we finish 5-7, what does everyone think our chances of being one of these 5 win bowl teams is?

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...s-big-ten-shake-up-say-goodbye-to-boise-state

Hell yes I would take it too. The issue is that we don't travel well when it comes to our football program. I say let's get to 6 and we don't need to worry

Agreed, we need to take anything that we can get, even if its a 5-7 season and a match-up against a Sun-Belt team.

KaiserUEO said:
'bowl' = code for 13 game season. which is coming...

Yep, at this point there are so many bowls that realistically it's best to think of college football as a sport where two-thirds of its programs play a 13 game regular season - and those who finish below 6 wins are punished by only being allowed to play 12.

It's a perverse form of regulation.

Yep, at this point there are so many bowls that realistically it's best to think of college football as a sport where two-thirds of its programs play a 13 game regular season - and those who finish below 6 wins are punished by only being allowed to play 12.

It's a perverse form of regulation.
teams that focus more on academics and have a worse record get more time to study with a shorter season

As much as the practices will benefit a young team, I just do not like having teams with that type a season be rewarded. It devalues the whole process.
people aren't fooled. whoever makes a bowl at 5-7 will get ragged on way worse than some 5-7 team that stays home

Finwad32 said:
As much as the practices will benefit a young team, I just do not like having teams with that type a season be rewarded. It devalues the whole process.

This assumes playing in the BBVA Compass Bowl is a "reward". ;)

This assumes playing in the BBVA Compass Bowl is a "reward". ;)
why isnt it?

players want to play.

coaches want to coach.

clearly the mindless masses (ie: me) will watch it over college hoop.

and vegas will bet it

we just need to stop calling many a 'bowl' and just call them 5th Qtr TV games or something.

i think everyone should get a 13th game.

* on the edit: some get the Playoffs, some get 'bowls' and some get those 5th Qtr games.

Last edited:
people aren't fooled. whoever makes a bowl at 5-7 will get ragged on way worse than some 5-7 team that stays home

Could care less. We need the practice time. A hit to our perception at this point is funny

40 bowls is a joke.

Under .500 and a bowl?

Yea...everyone gets a little league trophy! :rolleyes: As DM used to say, 'let's not confuse effort with execution.'

So some coaches will go 5-8 and get a nice fat bonus for "leading" their team to the postseason.

WhynotZoidbergvyotfu.jpg