#5 in the coaches poll | Syracusefan.com

#5 in the coaches poll

Louisville #4?

Talk about ranking by name recognition.

They are rpi #27. Top wins are at Cincy, at uconn, and home against southern miss.

Hell, if WSU can be number 2, why not?

Also, rankings, which were basically useless, have pretty much lost any use whatsoever these last two years.

Ridiculous. So their 2 more losses don't count I guess.

That is just the weirdest thing ever - they are ranked #4 in the country, but projected as a 5 seed.

Same thing happened to them in 2005. They ended the season as #4/#6 in the polls, I think they won their conference tournament, then they took a four seed in the dance.

Same thing happened to them in 2005. They ended the season as #4/#6 in the polls, I think they won their conference tournament, then they took a four seed in the dance.

You won't have to worry about this after next year - when they're in the ACC with the rest of us.

(The polls don't matter.)

(Especially the coaches poll.)

But seriously, that's ridiculous. I don't think we should be lower than #3, but an argument can be made for #4. #5 is absurd, though. We've lost twice in 27 games.

Unless the coaches poll has become a weekly power poll that only considers what you did for a specific week, there is absolutely no way you can have freakin Ville and their 2 quality wins all year over Cuse. The BC loss was really bad but the Duke loss was not bad at all..if anything we showed we can beat them at their place. Not to mention that they have 2 more losses!

And made the Final Four, ending up #3.

Not sure Louisville could pull that off this season, frankly, but, then again, certainly far stranger things have happened. A hot Russ Smith and the evolving rebounders could do pretty much anything.

Louisville's schedule toughens now.

they are #1 on the teams I fear most and don't want to see until Dallas.

My personal top three right now are
Louisville
Florida
Syracuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online