55-3 and you drop from #3 to #6 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

55-3 and you drop from #3 to #6

Okay thanks for the response. I used to keep up with the bowls.
not official yet but GT is Orange bowlo bound with highest ranked sec or bigten non champ as there opponent

if TCu had not lost to Baylor they would of made it but since they lost to Baylor you cant rank tcu over baylor

Ohio State played an extra game and they won their conference outright.
If TCU won the B12 outright they likely get in but they lost to their co-champ.

That one extra game was still only their second vs a ranked team. Baylor and tcu both played three ranked teams without a championship game and wouldve been four with one. So In truth, that exra ohio state game was kent state, not Wisconsin.

Chris02M said:
if TCu had not lost to Baylor they would of made it but since they lost to Baylor you cant rank tcu over baylor

Tcu has been ranked higher than Baylor the whole time leading up to this.

Tcu also lost to Baylor on a very questionable pi call too.

You can't lose to Virginia tech at home and be considered in the top four.

Say Baylor and tcu had played this week instead of earlier - they get in?

Tcu has been ranked higher than Baylor the whole time leading up to this.

Tcu also lost to Baylor on a very questionable pi call too.

You can't lose to Virginia tech at home and be considered in the top four.

Say Baylor and tcu had played this week instead of earlier - they get in?

tcu and Baylor weren't even until late Saturday. possibly if tcu won yes Baylor still has schedule problem

The committee just walked into the room, and pooped all over Texas. That was a direct shot at the Big12 and their lack if a conference game. Crank up the realignment machines in cincy Memphis and BYU. Uconn as well, though they picked a shitty time to post back to back double digit loss seasons.

Chris02M said:
tcu and Baylor weren't even until late Saturday. possibly if tcu won yes Baylor still has schedule problem

OSU's schedule isn't all that spectacular either.

Not that I really care (except i can't stand Delaney)...but OSU had by far the worst loss of any of these teams, losing to crappy VaTech at home no less. At least TCU lost to a top 10 team. I don't like the precedent that somehow September loses don't count or count less than other games.
I agree with what you are saying; except that early season losses always seem to cost a team less than later season ones and this is all bout the Benjamins and OSU increases the ratings potential vs TCU.

I don't think Ohio state deserves this, but the idea that a group of coaches and players would throw a gamelet alone just completely lie down is absurd.

The committee just walked into the room, and pooped all over Texas. That was a direct shot at the Big12 and their lack if a conference game. Crank up the realignment machines in cincy Memphis and BYU. Uconn as well, though they picked a shitty time to post back to back double digit loss seasons.
Someone agrees that the committee, made up their minds that conferences, need a championship game, to determine the champion. I said in another thread at 1:00 am, the committee would get the Big 12 for no championship game.

Chris02M said:
its much better than Baylors OOC schedule

Didn't say it wasn't, just that it's not so great.

Baylor isn't the one who got left out in my opinion, TCU is.

Alsacs said:
Ohio State played an extra game and it was a good team. That conference title game is enough to put OSU in. The Big 12 screwed themselves.

So the NCAA should dictate to the conference how many games they play and whether they have a championship game?

Madbiker said:
Not that I really care (except i can't stand Delaney)...but OSU had by far the worst loss of any of these teams, losing to crappy VaTech at home no less. At least TCU lost to a top 10 team. I don't like the precedent that somehow September loses don't count or count less than other games.

They not only had the worst loss, they also had the same record vs the FPI as TCU, a weaker strength of record, a smaller ppg differential and a lower game control ranking (whatever that is).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom