Class of 2017 - 6 from Florida | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 6 from Florida

Add to that Jalen Hurd, the transfer from Tennessee. Would be ideal as an AET replacement!!! IMO HCDB wants to turn over the roster as quickly as possible. Targeting top JC talent and grad transfers is a quick fix to rebuild the 2 deep. Prefer this strategy to developmental projects and last minute jucos. By the way, top 30 class needs to be the norm if we ever hope to compete with FSU CLEMSON and UL in our division.
Babers has publically stated that he will not take a JUCO unless they can play from day one and prefers recruiting HS players. I don't think he is looking to turn over the roster quickly at all. My guess is they take only 1 or 2 JUCOs.

Add to that Jalen Hurd, the transfer from Tennessee. Would be ideal as an AET replacement!!! IMO HCDB wants to turn over the roster as quickly as possible. Targeting top JC talent and grad transfers is a quick fix to rebuild the 2 deep. Prefer this strategy to developmental projects and last minute jucos. By the way, top 40 class needs to be the norm if we ever hope to compete with FSU CLEMSON and UL in our division.
Hurd is not a good personality fit.

Babers has publically stated that he will not take a JUCO unless they can play from day one and prefers recruiting HS players. I don't think he is looking to turn over the roster quickly at all. My guess is they take only 1 or 2 JUCOs.

That would depend on who becomes available. It is virtually a fait accompli that they'll take two [TE and DT]. If they can also land that DE, or either LB [or both], they'd take them as well.

I agree in principle with what you're saying, but if the right JUCOs want to commit, Babers would take them in a heartbeat.

All of this.

I know Dino prefers HS kids, but - we need an infusion of talent, that can play on Day One.
A few solid JUCO's at positions of need is probably an excellent idea - for now.
We can promise all of these guys a legit chance for early PT.

Totally agree look for stud jucos at the safety , DE, and even WR position. as dino says, if they can crack the lineup from day one, book em.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom