6 games is our magic number | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

6 games is our magic number

On a positive note...we still have a bunch of opportunities to get some quality wins! On the downside...there's a reason our record is what it is! To paraphrase Herman Edwards...we are who we think we are!
I think that was Dennis Green.

Guys, we have no idea what the bubble will look like this year. Might be extra soft. Might not. If we win 6 games we can start to think about it.

Just to be clear, I meant that we need 6 wins heading into the ACCT to still have a shot at earning a berth.

Yea I know. I was (half) kidding. We need marquee wins as opposed to just wins. Beating the Georgia Techs an Pitts and Clemson isnt going to get us a bid. We have zero quality wins in the out of conference and cant just hope that 18-19 wins gets us a bid. We need to beat Duke and Louisville and Virginia. Cant see that happening but one can dream.

but if pitt/wake/miami/GT/clemson are all the bubble teams and we end up beating them all the fact that some had 1-2 OC wins will be muted by whats happened on the last 2 months.

Guys, we have no idea what the bubble will look like this year. Might be extra soft. Might not. If we win 6 games we can start to think about it.

I think it's pretty fair to speculate it will be quite soft.

The MVC, the MWC, the A-10, -- conferences that sometimes have up to 3 teams performed poorly in the OIC, and other then the A-10 they will likely not get at-large bids (even if their champ loses in their conference tourney)

While there has been more parity at the P5+1 level this really has not stretched downwards into middle tier conferences.

We aren't beating any tourney bound team on the road so FSU is a must. I also agree with the earlier post that L-ville and UVA are going to roll us. big time.

If SU and Mich St end up with the same record at the end of the season, will they be be treated the same by the committee?

No. You have to factor in so many other variables like SOS, Top 50 wins, road wins, bad losses, etc. Overall record is just the tip of the iceberg.

Michigan State has a good RPI cause they played a lot of good teams. The problem is they lost to those good teams. They also lost to Nebraska, Penn State and Ohio State. They look the same as us to me.

We really need a good road win of some kind. If we can get 1 good road win and get to 19 wins including the ACC tourney I like our chances

Here's the path:
Regular Season
FSU (H) L
NC St (A) W
UVa (H) L
Clem (A) W
Pitt (A) W
Ville (H) L
Ga T (A) W
Duke (H) W (Best win of season)
Ville (A) L
Ga T (H) W
Reg Season 18-13 /ACC 10-8

ACC Tourney 2-1
Selection Sunday 20-14

Probably doesn't get us in. Not enough quality wins. Too many bad losses.
But gets a winning season and a likely NIT bid.

Here's the path:
Regular Season
FSU (H) L
NC St (A) W
UVa (H) L
Clem (A) W
Pitt (A) W
Ville (H) L
Ga T (A) W
Duke (H) W (Best win of season)
Ville (A) L
Ga T (H) W
Reg Season 18-13 /ACC 10-8

ACC Tourney 2-1
Selection Sunday 20-14

Probably doesn't get us in. Not enough quality wins. Too many bad losses.
But gets a winning season and a likely NIT bid.

i have no confidence in us winning 3 road games. my best hope for 10 wins is sweeping the home games and stealing 1 road game. i have more confidence in us beating fsu at home than nc state on the road.

I think 6 will get us really close, I'm just not sure its feasable. I would say our path to 6 would break down like this. Have to win both Gt games, thats a given. Need to get a split of the Nc State and Clemson games. Of Fsu, Lville,Duke,Uva, we need two of those. Then it comes down to winning at Pitt, all of that is a tall order.

On a positive note...we still have a bunch of opportunities to get some quality wins! On the downside...there's a reason our record is what it is! To paraphrase Herman Edwards...we are who we think we are!

Rpi wise yes, the committee isn't going to get excited about beating Wake and Pitt, just because somehow their rpis are in the top 50.

I think we have a better shot of beating Pitt on the road than we do Georgia Tech. Pitt is tanking.

We should beat them at home, but Gt beat Unc and Fsu at home, hard to believe we can go in there and win, and we need to just to have a shot.

I feel like the reality of our situation is we have to win @Pitt and @GTECH. I don't like our chances personally.

What I see rest of season:
FSU (H) L
NC St (A) L
UVa (H) L
Clem (A) L
Pitt (A) L
Ville (H) L
Ga T (A) W
Duke (H) L
Ville (A) L
Ga T (H) W

Really tough schedule coming up. I see 2-3 wins in these last set of games. Those who are hoping tournament, god bless.

What I see rest of season:
FSU (H) L
NC St (A) L
UVa (H) L
Clem (A) L
Pitt (A) L
Ville (H) L
Ga T (A) W
Duke (H) L
Ville (A) L
Ga T (H) W

Really tough schedule coming up. I see 2-3 wins in these last set of games. Those who are hoping tournament, god bless.
The team is going to lose the next 6 games in a row? Get a grip. They will win the next 5.

The team is going to lose the next 6 games in a row? Get a grip. They will win the next 5.

It says "voice or reason" after your name, I hope we do but winning the next 5 is a little crazy.

It says "voice or reason" after your name, I hope we do but winning the next 5 is a little crazy.

If we play like we did today? Not remotely crazy...

Need to win our first road game on Wednesday but things are looking up.

I think the team needs 7-3 these final 10 regular season games. Then at least one, maybe two ACCT victories to finish 21-13.

20-14 may do it too. It depends on who we beat and our RPI.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom