60 minute (plus) game. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

60 minute (plus) game.

Mostly agree with what you're saying here, but with respect to short stick D midfielders I think SU players are athletic but definitely smaller compared to other ACC teams. Going forward I'm concerned that certain teams will try/continue to exploit this size advantage especially Duke and Maryland.That said I think our team defense has improved so the duke will be an interesting challenge.

Excellent point. I like ours chances if we play MD again. -Duke will be a lot closer this time around, but we can't keep playing defense extended periods... Their midfield is ridiculously good and seems to be scoring at will on everyone.

Last edited:
"but that last turnover he had nearly cost us the game" - Jeremy , That infuriates me when Daddio wins the FO and throws it toward his own Goal or to no one in particular,can't he at least go towards the opponents Goal.

"but that last turnover he had nearly cost us the game" - Jeremy , That infuriates me when Daddio wins the FO and throws it toward his own Goal or to no one in particular,can't he at least go towards the opponents Goal.

The major issue is that he panics when he cant get the ball to someone else within 5-10 seconds of winning the draw. He is starting to do a better job winning the draw himself and flipping the ball to himself versus trying to pass with the ball in the back of his stick which gives him zero accuracy and was a cause of at least 3 turnovers the last game. The last turnover he flipped it to himself but then couldnt find anyone to pass it to. He then panicked threw on a bad pass and turned it over. He was on the UNC side of the field which helped lessen a fastbreak but obviously there was a large defensive presence for UNC there. Our mids and wing guys have got to a better job of getting open for Daddio and in that situation when no one is there he needs to make a dash for the box so Desko can call a TO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom