7 and 5 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

7 and 5

to me 6-6 is a failure after 6-0, that would mean losing to a horrible BC team to cap a 6 game losing streak, that cannot happen. yeah, we would go to a low level bowl, but any buzz would be basically gone for the program. 7-5 would be disappointing after the 6-0 start, still something you can kinda sell to recruits and hopefully to fans. To me, it starts with 8-4, you get there, it's a success no question. 2-4 in the second half with crucial injuries piling up and a backloaded schedule is ok. I hate losing any games, but I will take it and run.
I think the buzz is gone nationally anyway, I don’t think there are many people talking about Syracuse anymore just like there aren’t many talking about Kansas. It’s a nice story and wins some headlines but 1 outlier season doesn’t win respect, 8-4 followed by 9-3 (or even 8-4 again) is probably worth more than 10-2 followed up by 6-6. Next season is where the gains are made

Our pass defense remains one of the best in the country. Our run defense vs big boy OLs is what doomed us the last two weeks. Clemson was #52 and ND #56

TeamNational Ranking
Pitt#46
FSU#12
Wake#108
BC#131

Pitt has a great RB and an avg OL. If we stop them it will be because out LB ate Animalcandy up.
FSU has a running QB and a couple of good RB and a decent OL. Might be tough. But at least we're home.
Wake's slow mesh running game isn't working as it has I the past. I think we get credit in how we play vs it and putting it on tape.
BC's season is on fire because their OL is awful

Our pass defense remains one of the best in the country. Our run defense vs big boy OLs is what doomed us the last two weeks. Clemson was #52 and ND #56

TeamNational Ranking
Pitt#46
FSU#12
Wake#108
BC#131

Pitt has a great RB and an avg OL. If we stop them it will be because out LB ate Animalcandy up.
FSU has a running QB and a couple of good RB and a decent OL. Might be tough. But at least we're home.
Wake's slow mesh running game isn't working as it has I the past. I think we get credit in how we play vs it and putting it on tape.
Best bet against Pitt is sell out, put a ton of guys in the box and make Slovis beat us, our pass D as you mentioned is excellent, even without GS it should still be very good and Pitt only has 7 TDs through the air. FSU will be an absolute handful, you can't sell out on D, they can beat you in a lot of ways. Wake is one dimensional, but really good at that one dimension. As far as BC, considering there are 131 FBS teams, I would say being ranked #131 in rushing is, um, bad. they are a dumpster fire

I think the buzz is gone nationally anyway, I don’t think there are many people talking about Syracuse anymore just like there aren’t many talking about Kansas. It’s a nice story and wins some headlines but 1 outlier season doesn’t win respect, 8-4 followed by 9-3 (or even 8-4 again) is probably worth more than 10-2 followed up by 6-6. Next season is where the gains are made
yeah, I meant more of a buzz with recruits, potentially, and with our fans, but your points are very valid

We need to stay ranked the rest of the season. It gets you on the bottom of ESPN all day and that number subconsciously influences people. I have had more people talk to me about syracuse down here in Florida then ever and it starts with us being ranked

Why can't we follow up 10-2 with 12-0? Is there some rule that says we can't win more than 16 games over 2 seasons?

If we only go 7-5, I want the wins to be Pitt and BC.

Calculating Figure It Out GIF

I would hope for at least 2-2.

I would say BC is a must, 90% chance.

Pitt and FSU are pretty close to 50-50 games.

Wake is probably 35 percent chance

Just looked at ESPN and it pretty much confirms:

Bc is 86% probability

FSU and Pitt are both 55% probability

Wake is 45% probability.

Didn’t realize how poorly Pitt has been doing. This should absolutely be a win but we always struggle with them. Especially at Pitt.

Can we stop looking at the 6-0 start in a vacuum? UL was a good win. UCONN is the equivalent of an FCS school, Wagner is the equivalent of SUNY Cortland. Purdue fing handed us the game. We played them tough but anyone being realistic looks at that W side-eyed. UVA is not a decent P5 team either. They beat Richmond, ODU, and sub .500 GT. And we got NCST without their starting QB. I think ppl need to temper their expectations. 8-4 looks good to me. Beat BC and one other.
I agree. We could have easily lost to Purdue and UVA. I think we are a bit undersized and it’s starting to catch up to us as fatigue and injuries mount.

We should be 9-3 TBH. I cannot see us losing to Pitt/BC/FSU. 3-1 is the wayy
Pitt is a problem, they will play the same game as ND did trying to run it down our throats, and they have both OL and RB to do it. We must get better offensive production to have a chance at Pitt. This game will turn on our offense getting things done.

TeamNational Ranking
Pitt#46
FSU#12
Wake#108
BC#131

IMO, our defense has shown more than enough to win games. If anyone thought, they were going to be a dominant, shut down D on their own, they were in a fantasy world. We need to play complimentary FB. We need to have the O possess the ball and score. They can't be left hung out while the O goes 3 and out repeatedly. The O is what "doomed us",imo, not the D. The O in the last 6 quarters has been the issue. 5 turnovers with nothing to show for it.

Pitt is a problem, they will play the same game as ND did trying to run it down our throats, and they have both OL and RB to do it. We must get better offensive production to have a chance at Pitt. This game will turn on our offense getting things done.
Pitt feels like the BC game in 18. there's some residual concerns that their style will hurt us.

We need to take it to them like we did in that BC Game. We are more talented.

Going 7-5 would be a huge disappointment. We would need to win our Bowl game to make up for the ending. 7-6 I would not have considered a decent season this Summer. Would be even worse now given the 6-0 start.

Have to get to 8-4 minimum after that start - anything less than that is a huge fail

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom