8/13/15 Practice # 5 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

8/13/15 Practice # 5

I've really been waiting to hear about Womack's speed and athleticism at this level. I'd like to think his move THIS early means he could see the field in Sept.

Didn't Kinder move his senior year? I believe this move was made slightly earlier.
Johnson was moved to WR when McNabb beat him out for the QB job. They were both highly rated QBs and both redshirts in their sophomore years. The point, however, is that Womack is fast and athletic much like KJ was. I'm not sure Kinder was a Division 1 athlete.

Matt Park ‏@MattPark1 25m25 minutes ago
Bullough on Julian Whigham, the lone DB starter returning: "He's more aggressive toward the ball." Trying to get him to own possession.

Bullough: In general, all defensive freshmen are "swimming", dealing w/ class before practice. Expects more progress at Ft. Drum next week.

TE Cam MacPherson: "A lot of these concepts are universal throughout offenses. We're trying to execute better than anyone else."

Last edited:
Jesse Dougherty ‏@dougherty_jesse 16m16 minutes ago
D-coordinator Chuck Bullough on SU's best blitzers: Parris Bennett best athletically, Zaire Franklin most powerful.

Bullough would be comfortable right now playing any of the 3 returning safeties: Chauncey Scissum, Rodney Williams, Antwan Cordy.

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 19m19 minutes ago
Shafer: SU QB AJ Long is dealing with an upper-body injury. Missed part of the open portion of practice today, but not considered serious.

Matt Schneidman ‏@matt_schneidman 5m5 minutes ago
Tim Lester said center Kendall Moore was working with TEs b/c of injuries to TEs Batten and Provo. Added he's an O-lineman at heart.

WR Steve Ishmael says Julian Whigham is almost like Richard Sherman.

Ivan Foy says no haircuts or shaving until game one. Also said if AJ Long claims first man bun, he's not telling the truth.

Last edited:
Johnson was moved to WR when McNabb beat him out for the QB job. They were both highly rated QBs and both redshirts in their sophomore years. The point, however, is that Womack is fast and athletic much like KJ was. I'm not sure Kinder was a Division 1 athlete.
Oh I know all about it. I was just responding to his somewhat snarky retort.

Did he watch him play last year?
Has he ever watchedSherman play? Because Whigham has a long way to go to play his way into an NFL athlete let alone a super human all pro

I wouldn't be too quick to assume anything.

I'm not assuming anything. We will see how long he works out with the WR's for, but it isn't assumption, it's fact that he wouldn't have got a fair shot at QB if he didn't have the same exact time to practice, and develop with the current QB's. I don't see how they can tell after 3 days that a kid can't cut it at QB?

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 5m5 minutes ago
Syracuse freshman Kenterius Womack is working at both QB and WR. OC Tim Lester hopes to have him settled into a position by 8/21.

Syracuse DC Chuck Bullough expects one of his freshman safeties (Whitner/Ellison/Fredrick) to play this year. No early favorite.

Syracuse DC Chuck Bullough was pumped about the shorter practices this camp. "We were a little tired going into Villanova last year."

No more info on AJ Long's upper-body injury other than Lester saying "he'll be fine." He did break a bone in his hand early this summer.

Syracuse DC Chuck Bullough and LB Zaire Franklin mentioned JUCO LB Ted Taylor as an early camp standout. Could push for time at Sam.

Syracuse DC Chuck Bullough said DT Chris Slayton's jump off the snap has been excellent. He's working with the 1s while John Raymon is hurt.

Syracuse OC Tim Lester said the team has yet to install red-zone packages, but expect 6-5 WR Jamal Custis to play a significant role.

Has he ever watchedSherman play? Because Whigham has a long way to go to play his way into an NFL athlete let alone a super human all pro

That makes me feel very good about Ishmael if that's the case. I am sure he's talking up an upperclassmen, but let's hope Whigham isn't getting the better of Ish.

I'm not assuming anything. We will see how long he works out with the WR's for, but it isn't assumption, it's fact that he wouldn't have got a fair shot at QB if he didn't have the same exact time to practice, and develop with the current QB's. I don't see how they can tell after 3 days that a kid can't cut it at QB?
They can see how athletic he is and how that athleticism might also benefit the team elsewhere.

"Syracuse freshman Kenterius Womack is working at both QB and WR. OC Tim Lester hopes to have him settled into a position by 8/21."

QB wins at this level. Find out if he can cut it at QB first and foremost, then worry about another position.
He's still practicing at QB as well. The staff also has to realize that if they can't win now, they might get not be around to see him develop as a QB. If he can get on the field this year as a WR and help the team win, so be it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom