9:45 pm Thursday, if you believe the NCAA | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

9:45 pm Thursday, if you believe the NCAA

I wouldn't count on it staying open, doubt the NCAA will pay for it and WMATA isn't going to do it on their own dime. This issue came up during the NLDS last October too.

Metro will not be extended. You'll need to plan on driving to the district...Sucks, but no other option...

Ouch...that is going to be a late night for my nine-year old...Hopefully, the Verizon center will be rocking and he'll forget he is getting tired...

For anyone who goes there regularly or who knows DC, are my son and I going to have issues finding a cab when we get out?

Works out perfect of me. Will give me plenty of time to get to the house/bar (Prolly the house tho, kinda in the dog house for Saturday's sh!tshow lol)

Oh wow I am pumped up for this one. WIll make the LOOOOOONNNGGGG journey not so bad (3-4 hrs to San Fran airport...11 hrs redeye to w the layover boston...then 8-9 hr drive to DC.)

Gonna have to sneak in a lot of booze though if we're the second game. So that said I probably should bring a female with a purse to make that easier...not to mention giving us an extra body cavity (joke lol.)
You know there are airports closer to DC than Boston, right?

I wound up reserving parking at a garage two blocks from the Verizon Center for $11. They say it will stay open till "90 minutes after the event ends"

With the long timeouts, this game will really start around 10:10 IMO

Ouch...that is going to be a late night for my nine-year old...Hopefully, the Verizon center will be rocking and he'll forget he is getting tired...

For anyone who goes there regularly or who knows DC, are my son and I going to have issues finding a cab when we get out?
Given the game, Metro situation, and that it's a high-traffic drinking area on a Thursday night, I'd say prepare to wait a bit for a cab to become available -- they'll be there, but there'll be a lot of competition. Your best bet will be to walk along F, G, or H streets to 9th or higher and try there.

Yes. Best idea is to walk blocks towards The White House, etc, and grab one in front of a restuarant. Or walk towards Cap Grille and get a ride there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom