a bit of a jump... | Syracusefan.com

a bit of a jump...

Also on a related note the accn road show talked about how impressive the frosh and sophomores were today. Maybe our coaches are doing a better job than the rankings lead us to believe.

Hopefully now that they have been rated and other programs come in they stay committed and don’t flip.

Hopefully now that they have been rated and other programs come in they stay committed and don’t flip.
Well he would have to be offered by more than D2 schools for that to happen so I think you can breathe easy for a while.

This year and to an extent next will be way more about staffs abilities to judge potential and talent than utilizing camps and service sites opinions.

Schools like Miami and Rutgers come to mind who rely on scouting services to help them decide who they offer. They may be in trouble in a few years when kids don't pan out

This year and to an extent next will be way more about staffs abilities to judge potential and talent than utilizing camps and service sites opinions.

Schools like Miami and Rutgers come to mind who rely on scouting services to help them decide who they offer. They may be in trouble in a few years when kids don't pan out
Obviously I’m biased but I don’t think Rutgers relies on services. About 70% of their offers go out before kids even get rated and they’re selective about who they offer(only about 15 offers out in NJ).

They’ve offered less than 100 2022 kids which Cuse and Miami have offered 250 plus

Hilarious.

Now that Brown is evaluated, he grades out as a high 3-star.

Guess our coaches knew what they were doing after all
Also shows how flawed the evaluation process is. I knew the jumps were coming. I saw earlier in the week Espn gave Jeremiah Wilson a 78 grade and Donovan Brown a 77. Thats equivalent to 88 and 87 247 grades. Of course we will take that because it improves perception but it tells me how flawed it is. One guy from Espn decided to give these grades and now all of a sudden their more attractive prospects? lol. Its crazy how they influence the composites. They put the least amount of time into evaluating players. There are so many kids that havent been evaluated or dont have a profile on their site. LaQuint Allen doesnt have one. He is not listed on our commitment list. I think he was our first one lol

Last edited:
Also shows how flawed the evaluation process is. I knew the jumps were coming. I saw earlier in the week Espn gave Jeremiah Wilson a 78 grade and Donovan Brown a 77. Thats equivalent to 88 and 87 247 grades. Of course we will take that because it improves perception but it tells me how flawed it is. One guy from Espn decided to give these grades and now all of a sudden their more attractive prospects? lol. Its crazy how they influence the composites. They put the least amount of time into evaluating players. There are so many kids that havent been evaluated or dont have a profile on their site. LaQuint Allen doesnt have one. He is not listed on our commitment list. I think he was our first one lol

He's in the 2 4 7 list, you talking ESPN rating?

Side note 2 4 7 never even bothered to rate Jakob Bradford last year.

Obviously I’m biased but I don’t think Rutgers relies on services. About 70% of their offers go out before kids even get rated and they’re selective about who they offer(only about 15 offers out in NJ).

They’ve offered less than 100 2022 kids which Cuse and Miami have offered 250 plus

They've offered more than 100, just when they miss offers get "pulled" and you've got a homer running the site to update.

That said, based on ratings and opposing offers Rutgers are punching above their weight class this year.

They've offered more than 100, just when they miss offers get "pulled" and you've got a homer running the site to update.

That said, based on ratings and opposing offers Rutgers are punching above their weight class this year.
They have 97 offers out according to the #s site. Pretty sure schools can’t remove offers from recruiting sites. That number should be all the misses, uncommitable offers, and hits combined.

Hilarious.

Now that Brown is evaluated, he grades out as a high 3-star.

Guess our coaches knew what they were doing after all

Not a crow eating moment for me, but maybe a jump the gun a (a little) in my previous posts.

Pleasantly surprised about Brown.

Again based on the ACCN show last night the True Frosh, RS Frosh and Sophs got a great review. I think that 67 kids are Sophs are less which bodes well for the future. The one area of weakness in my mind is the DL. We need a few ready to go kids for next year.

Also on a related note the accn road show talked about how impressive the frosh and sophomores were today. Maybe our coaches are doing a better job than the rankings lead us to believe.
Well, they are being compared to out upper class men, right?

Again based on the ACCN show last night the True Frosh, RS Frosh and Sophs got a great review. I think that 67 kids are Sophs are less which bodes well for the future. The one area of weakness in my mind is the DL. We need a few ready to go kids for next year.

The have a big DL class now. Hopefully as redshirt freshman some will be ready. Geer, Simmons, Lockett, Fuents-Cundiff, and McDonald is listed at DL. Would make sense for the staff to check the portal in spring after winter workouts to see where the young guys are at.

They have 97 offers out according to the #s site. Pretty sure schools can’t remove offers from recruiting sites. That number should be all the misses, uncommitable offers, and hits combined.

Brian Dohn is in charge of the site and a well known Rutgers homer. Suffice to say I don't trust that sight as pertains to your school. That said, if I were in his seat, I'd do the same thing for Cuse. Entire class would be 4 and 5 stars and Dino would rarely miss.

It's pretty amazing press to have a top ranked class and was brought up to me by an RU alum who consequently couldn't tell me who was in this class or much about this years team as I was curious his thoughts

It's a very flawed process for 3 star recruits and below, highly subjective area and the analysts can basically grade those kids however they want. They have a lot less flexibility with the heavy offer kids.

Generally the 4 stars and above follow who's offered them for the most part, 3 stars and below are the wild west.

Guy who's been offered by everyone and is a 4 star - means something. Guy who was offered by D2 schools and is magically a high 3 star - maybe it means something to star gazers but it means nothing to me. End of the day he's still a guy offered by D2 schools with the same film that we all saw a week ago. High end measurables, but a raw recruit with a lot of work necessary to make him a P5 WR.

And I still for the life of me can't understand why 247 would do a composite and that be their lead in recruiting grades. If you're trying to be the top dog as far as recruiting sites, analysis, and grading of recruits, why rely on your competitors to contribute to your product?

End of the day he's still a guy offered by D2 schools with the same film that we all saw a week ago. High end measurables, but a raw recruit with a lot of work necessary to make him a P5 WR.
Exactly. Sometimes we let guys behind a computer decide whether we like a player or not. And as far as espn. It’s about money from what I was told.

so you feel more comfortable about a prospect when a bunch of uncle Rico‘s who barely played high school football evaluate a kid over college coaches whos jobs depend on it?
Yep, because if you don’t think it helps with perception, you’re wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom