A few thoughts on the cupcake season | Syracusefan.com

A few thoughts on the cupcake season

Oakland

2022 Iggy Winner: ACC Record
It is a good sign that the team is winning big against the cupcakes (the Lemoyne game was the exception, not the rule).

BT and Dion and Scoop all suck from the outside, even against cupcakes. These 3 are about as similar as 3 guards can get on one team, which is not a good thing: they replicate each other much more than complement each other. BT and Scoop are likely to raise their 3pt numbers, hopefully all the way up to average, but they are off to a very slow start against weak competition.

On the other hand, KJ is shooting 3s very well. This continues his good shooting from last season's BEC play. This almost assures that he will have a big year, which is one of the keys to SU having a big season. I hope his injury is a short term thing.

Didn't think JS would be in the rota this season but he has clearly played his way in - good for him. Thought JB would play 9 this season but JS (10th) will get significant minutes unless he flames out like he did last season. Just don't see whose minutes he takes (a few of the bigs', a few of CJ's, a few of KJ?). It would be great if he could somehow get some of the guard minutes, since those guys are brick city (baby!) from behind the line. I know JS or CJ or KS as a guard has its downside, but I'd like to see what happens when all 3 are in at the same time with one big and one guard!

If the guards are making 28% of their 3s and the forwards 56%, why have the guards attempted 44 3pt shots and the forwards only 31? Time for a little dribble drive offense?

BTW, if JS continues shooting the 3 well, the redshirt for TC is a no brainer.

The bigs look as good as one could hope at this point, now they have to prove it against top 25 bigs.

JB played 19 in the Colgate game!!! We have 8 walkons this season!?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom