A gentle reminder to posters... | Syracusefan.com

A gentle reminder to posters...

CuseLegacy

Information from paysites, unless it is public/free info, is not allowed to be posted on here. No links to and no posts containing info you acquired because you have a subscription to a paysite. Any of those type of posts will be deleted.

I’ve been paying for a particular site for years and I can only come to one conclusion as to why people share that info...they just want to come off as smarter or that they are the one with the real inside info. The publisher of my preferred site works very hard to get real time info to us and I would never devalue his hard work.

I used to belong to two different pay sites. I realized that I get the same info here just as quick and I don’t have to pay a thing. Sorry Mike and Ryan!

I’ve been paying for a particular site for years and I can only come to one conclusion as to why people share that info...they just want to come off as smarter or that they are the one with the real inside info. The publisher of my preferred site works very hard to get real time info to us and I would never devalue his hard work.

We know you take our conversations back to the round table.

My concern is the protection of this site not that one that you prefer.

We know you take our conversations back to the round table.
First off, I wouldn’t use Rivals if they paid me. Secondly, what conversations would I take from this site to a pay site?

First off, I wouldn’t use Rivals if they paid me. Secondly, what conversations would I take from this site to a pay site?

I think she means that she doesn't want to see this site get in trouble or shut down due to folks posting info from the pay sites.

I think she means that she doesn't want to see this site get in trouble or shut down due to folks posting info from the pay sites.
CuseLegacy, yes I know that is the concern. It was PhatOrange that I quoted.

Information from paysites, unless it is public/free info, is not allowed to be posted on here. No links to and no posts containing info you acquired because you have a subscription to a paysite. Any of those type of posts will be deleted.
I don't get that at all. Cable is a pay service. The newspaper is a pay service. If I repeat something I hear on cable or read in a paper, what is the difference? Why can't we disseminate (not cut and paste, that I get) information we learned from other places? I cannot believe that your position is the state of the law.

I don't get that at all. Cable is a pay service. The newspaper is a pay service. If I repeat something I hear on cable or read in a paper, what is the difference? Why can't we disseminate (not cut and paste, that I get) information we learned from other places? I cannot believe that your position is the state of the law.
I was thinking the same thing. Copying/pasting info I can see. I can also see having a board rule of no posting information from a pay site as a courtesy. I don't see how reading info from a pay site and talking about it (presumably sprinkled with your own thoughts) would be in any way actionable.

Sorry it isn't my position but is the law on here.

I was thinking the same thing. Copying/pasting info I can see. I can also see having a board rule of no posting information from a pay site as a courtesy. I don't see how reading info from a pay site and talking about it (presumably sprinkled with your own thoughts) would be in any way actionable.
That is why the info is behind a paywall. And pay sites don't appreciate the information behind those walls being discussed on free forums.

Most of what you hear/see on cable they also tweet, post on their website, etc.

There are ways to get the info a TV station or newspaper provides, because they provide it in other ways. Skout/Rovals/etc. info is proprietary, and the only place they provide it is behind their paywall.

Out of curiosity what could happen to this site if it knowingly allowed info to be shared from behind a paywall ?

Could the Corporations behind the paysites sue SyracuseFan.com ?

Out of curiosity what could happen to this site if it knowingly allowed info to be shared from behind a paywall ?

Could the Corporations behind the paysites sue SyracuseFan.com ?
If it got ugly and contentious, yes.

Sorry it isn't my position but is the law on here.

Respect-My-Authoritah-On-South-Park-Episode-When-Cartman-Becomes-a-Cop.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom