A lesson | Syracusefan.com

A lesson

Cusee44

2nd String
As much as I love SU, us going down the drain might be the only way our idiot fan base can grow up. It's the same maniacs that were overly celebratory about our ACC move and now they're worried the world is going to end because two measly schools moved.

Let the karma flow through you my fellow 'Cuse fan. I hope we can all learn a valuable lesson through this experience.

PS. No matter the conference shift, we will be fine. Stop this madness. Just stop.

As much as I love SU, us going down the drain might be the only way our idiot fan base can grow up. It's the same maniacs that were overly celebratory about our ACC move and now they're worried the world is going to end because two measly schools moved.

Let the karma flow through you my fellow 'Cuse fan. I hope we can all learn a valuable lesson through this experience.

PS. No matter the conference shift, we will be fine. Stop this madness. Just stop.
There was no reason NOT to be overly celebratory about our ACC move. Other than that, I agree. We will be fine, but I don't blame anyone (including myself) for being worried about the near-term.

I don't begrudge Rutgirls some schadenfraude either...they got their windfall

Here is the thing about the money: how much do you need to spend for 7 games a year and wowing 18 year old recruits? The college game is being ruined.

Here is the thing about the money: how much do you need to spend for 7 games a year and wowing 18 year old recruits? The college game is being ruined.
Yep - by some suits in a conference room who could care less what happens, just as long as they 'win'.

if you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, then you clearly don't understand the situation.
another candidate to sit this one out.

i have a feeling the bench is going to get pretty full.

Oh Lord

if you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, then you clearly don't understand the situation.
another candidate to sit this one out.

i have a feeling the bench is going to get pretty full.

Oh Lord

I agree...Swofford seems pretty smart plucking the easy target...we'll find out if he is thinking a few moves ahead when playing with others than rubes from Providence. The Big 10 declared corporate war on the ACC awhile ago. The ACC is fine if ND and ESPN say hang in there...as others said ESPN has to show the ACC some love or it gets picked apart.

How much do you need? See rich underachieving Texas. Money can buy only so many feats of strength.

The Conference Affiliation Games are more of a bloodsport than the games the athletes play. When the structure of the sports themselves are significantly changed by media coverage, that's not a good sign. We tell students to act responsibly then show them that responsibility is for suckers. In the end, schools need each other to prosper and have enough smart people associated with them to understand what to do and how to do it. They should also be smart enough to know when they're being manipulated. The leadership of our colleges could and should do better. They can drive the reorganization of college affiliation and still prosper, without the gamesmanship.

How much do you need? See rich underachieving Texas. Money can buy only so many feats of strength.
Tis' the season...

images

Honestly, if the worst case scenario happens and SU eventually becomes completely irrelevant with no hope of returning, I won't be a college football fan. I won't bother to adopt another team that I have no emotional tie to. I'll simply have better things to do with my weekends in the fall. I'm sure I'm not the only person that thinks this. The powers that be in college football may be slowly killing their cash cow and they're oblivious to it.

I agree...Swofford seems pretty smart plucking the easy target...we'll find out if he is thinking a few moves ahead when playing with others than rubes from Providence. The Big 10 declared corporate war on the ACC awhile ago. The ACC is fine if ND and ESPN say hang in there...as others said ESPN has to show the ACC some love or it gets picked apart.

I suppose... however, you could also say that he pulled one out of the Big East Playbook by securing ND in all sports except Football...

We know the BS that this caused in the BE...

I also think that if/when ND decides to go all in with one conference including football, it will have NOTHING to do with current conference associations and everything to do with the biggest payday they can get.

Here's the lesson I learned. I blew off the Maryland to B1G rumors. I was so adamant that Maryland wouldn't go B1G that I pledged I wouldn't post on SyracuseFan.com anymore if MD actually announced their move by midnight on Monday. Well, they did. I stayed away for 24 hours but now I'm back. Know why?

Because I am a hypocrite and a liar. I have embraced deceit and dishonesty. Cause that stuff pays big dividends.

That's the lesson I've learned. (Cue the emoticon)

We'll be fine. This isn't ideal, and I wish it would just be over with instead of this slow torture, but we'll be fine.

As much as I love SU, us going down the drain might be the only way our idiot fan base can grow up.

So, cut your nose off to spite your face? Cool...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom