A Proclaimation from the city of Syracuse declaring July 16 2014 Dan Johnson day | Syracusefan.com

A Proclaimation from the city of Syracuse declaring July 16 2014 Dan Johnson day

JarHeadJim

I have never won sheet!
image.jpg
Doers anyone have a hook up for this to be done! Dan got me this huge honor in 2010. Is anyone here friends with Joanne Mahoney the County Exective? They come from her office.

This is the one I received.

I'd think that this would also be worth pursuing.

http://www.syracusehalloffame.com/pages/frame.html?http://www.syracusehalloffame.com/pages/home.html

Nominations:

The Greater Syracuse Sports Hall of Fame was established in 1987 to recognize and honor those athletes who have achieved outstanding success, and those who have made a significant contribution to the advancement of competitive sports in this community.

All of the individuals honored during the Greater Syracuse Sports Hall of Fame Induction Banquet are recognized as being definite role models for the families of Onondaga County. They have shown a strong dedication to their respective sports and have worked hard to reach this pinnacle of achievement. Their professionalism, values and commitment to excellence make it easier for Syracuse to develop future athletes who understand the importance of a good education and dedication to the quality of life in our community.

Criteria: In order for an individual to be nominated to the Greater Syracuse Sports Hall of Fame, he or she must either been born in the Syracuse-Greater Onondaga County or have a long term association in this area (10 years) or be considered "home town" and commonly associated with Syracuse by the general public. He or she must also meet one of the following criteria:

1. Is or was an outstanding athlete in high school, college, amateur or professional sports.

2. Is or was a coach, manager, official or administrator who has made a significant contribution to sports.

3. Is an individual who is performing or has performed unusual or distinguished services in fostering, developing or effectively helping a sport to prosper.

Procedure:

To be considered for election, candidates must first be nominated. Nominations must be typewritten, mailed and/or submitted electronically on the official nomination form. Nominations must contain complete and accurate information concerning the record and merits of the candidate, and must have the consent of the nominee, or if deceased, the family.

The nomination deadline is January 1st. Please allow enough time for our historian to verify the accuracy of the nominee’s achievements before that deadline. Nominations received after the January 1st will be considered the following year. If a nominee is not chosen for a given year, their name is resubmitted as a candidate for the following year.

http://www.syracusehalloffame.com/pages/frame.html?http://www.syracusehalloffame.com/pages/home.html

Nominations:

The Greater Syracuse Sports Hall of Fame was established in 1987 to recognize and honor those athletes who have achieved outstanding success, and those who have made a significant contribution to the advancement of competitive sports in this community.

All of the individuals honored during the Greater Syracuse Sports Hall of Fame Induction Banquet are recognized as being definite role models for the families of Onondaga County. They have shown a strong dedication to their respective sports and have worked hard to reach this pinnacle of achievement. Their professionalism, values and commitment to excellence make it easier for Syracuse to develop future athletes who understand the importance of a good education and dedication to the quality of life in our community.

Criteria: In order for an individual to be nominated to the Greater Syracuse Sports Hall of Fame, he or she must either been born in the Syracuse-Greater Onondaga County or have a long term association in this area (10 years) or be considered "home town" and commonly associated with Syracuse by the general public. He or she must also meet one of the following criteria:

1. Is or was an outstanding athlete in high school, college, amateur or professional sports.

2. Is or was a coach, manager, official or administrator who has made a significant contribution to sports.

3. Is an individual who is performing or has performed unusual or distinguished services in fostering, developing or effectively helping a sport to prosper.

Procedure:

To be considered for election, candidates must first be nominated. Nominations must be typewritten, mailed and/or submitted electronically on the official nomination form. Nominations must contain complete and accurate information concerning the record and merits of the candidate, and must have the consent of the nominee, or if deceased, the family.

The nomination deadline is January 1st. Please allow enough time for our historian to verify the accuracy of the nominee’s achievements before that deadline. Nominations received after the January 1st will be considered the following year. If a nominee is not chosen for a given year, their name is resubmitted as a candidate for the following year.

Seems Dan would be a shoe-in based on that criteria.

Nominations:

Procedure:

OMG, Yes! Brilliant ideas!

Nominations:

Procedure:

In my opinion he meets all 3, but I'm biased. He was a great athlete. He definitely nails the second criteria and I have included a link for that. And I think what he accomplished for the university meets #3. It's flattering just to see both of your suggestions jarhead and beavo. Thank you.

http://www.nysusssa.com/hall-of-fame/inductees/manager-coach/Dan-Johnson.htm

Last edited:
JarHeadJim said:
Doers anyone have a hook up for this to be done! Dan got me this huge honor in 2010. Is anyone here friends with Joanne Mahoney the County Exective? They come from her office.

This is the one I received.

I might be able to help with both of these.

JarHeadJim said:
Great job Rick!!

Thanks, but also couldn't have got it done without the help of dadarules and the words of SUTomcat. The folks in Joanie Mahoney's office were amazing and so appreciative that they could turn this around so quickly.

Thanks, but also couldn't have got it done without the help of dadarules and the words of SUTomcat. The folks in Joanie Mahoney's office were amazing and so appreciative that they could turn this around so quickly.
Thanks much to dadarules and DCCuse for their efforts. Here is the Johnson family with the proclaimation:

Johnson Family Proc.jpg

I am so happy this proclamation got done - such the right thing to do by the county to officially recognize what Dan has done selflessly for some many peoole and for what he represents.

As Rick texted me, getting the proclamation done was a team effort. I was the smallest part of that team. Great job Rick, Tomcat & Jarhead Jim along with my friend who brought this to Joanie coordinated everything in the county to get it done.

I wish I could have gone today but I am in Florida for work.