A top dc is good enough for uga | Syracusefan.com

A top dc is good enough for uga

Chris Ash is not comparable to Kirby Smart at this moment. Cmon now..

Georgia and Syracuse are also two veryyyyyy different programs.

Ed Orgeron has a lot of backing on this board. It's not just a DC/OC thing.

To quote Dasher "stop it"
Kirby Smart is UGA alum and has been Nick Saban's Matt Patricia.

This hire has a chance to be UGA's Will Muschamp unless Smart recruits an offense.

UGA will get elite recruits every year from GA and No. Florida.

Smart was the obvious hire for UGA. It is a gamble though which UGA can afford to do.

just saying
i would be totally fine with a defensive coordinator if we were georgia. more than enough money to go around and enough talent to get by with a jack of all trades scheme that prepares you for everything on your schedule

our budget means we have to make hard choices and we've had good defensive coaches with wild swings in performance from year to year which makes me think that spending the money on offense is a more dependable bet.

Chris Ash is not comparable to Kirby Smart at this moment. Cmon now..

Georgia and Syracuse are also two veryyyyyy different programs.

Ed Orgeron has a lot of backing on this board. It's not just a DC/OC thing.

Personally I like the idea of Ed for nothing other than he actually values us and wants to be here.

Ed wants to be a head coach again and triple his salary.

Wanting to be here is such an intangible that i'm shocked that we chase unicorns vs the guys who will pour their heart into the job and the community. Shafer did both of those things very well. We're just looking to expand on what he did for the community.

Ed Orgeron would b that as well as a monster recruiter and a new set of eyes (with the context of being here during the salad years) to potentially unlock wins again.

Personally I like the idea of Ed for nothing other than he actually values us and wants to be here.
I think that makes sense. He has a pedigree worthy of a Syracuse HC: assistant at Syracuse, Miami, SC, and LSU. HC at Ole Miss. Interim HC at SC. Very successful as interim HC.

That's a very good resume. Not for a Bama or ND or Ohio St. But for a Syracuse, that is very good. And if that guy wants the job, knowing as he does the limitations in today's world, then he ought to be on any short list of 3.

I say that certain that you need a high flying passing offense to get fans to the stadium and in front of TV sets.

Wanting to be here is such an intangible that i'm shocked that we chase unicorns vs the guys who will pour their heart into the job and the community. Shafer did both of those things very well. We're just looking to expand on what he did for the community.

Ed Orgeron would b that as well as a monster recruiter and a new set of eyes (with the context of being here during the salad years) to potentially unlock wins again.

+1

It's not a unicorn to hire a head coach with a spread offense background. There are a million of those guys dying for a head job. Just because Frost is dying to go back to nebraska doesn't make this guy a unicorn.

Our offense always stinks and Orgeron's offenses always stunk. Not a good fit.

To quote Dasher "stop it"
Kirby Smart is UGA alum and has been Nick Saban's Matt Patricia.

This hire has a chance to be UGA's Will Muschamp unless Smart recruits an offense.

UGA will get elite recruits every year from GA and No. Florida.

Smart was the obvious hire for UGA. It is a gamble though which UGA can afford to do.

you stop it. both are unproven commodities as head coaches. both are dc's at top schools. what has smart proven other than he can coach beat up opposing offenses with superior players.

you stop it. both are unproven commodities as head coaches. both are dc's at top schools. what has smart proven other than he can coach beat up opposing offenses with superior players.
Except one is going to make top-dollar at an SEC powerhouse and the other is maybe 3rd choice for a basement dwelling northeast private school that hasn't sniffed the top-25 in 16 years.

Except one is going to make top-dollar at an SEC powerhouse and the other is maybe 3rd choice for a basement dwelling northeast private school that hasn't sniffed the top-25 in 16 years.

But how does that speak to Ash's abilities?

I know we have interest in Ashe but is there a TOP DC that we are interested too that I missed with all the threads?

I know we have interest in Ashe but is there a TOP DC that we are interested too that I missed with all the threads?

the guy is DC at ohio state, which won the natty last year. I don't care hes co-coordinator. hes not my first choice but I don't get the absolute doom either. I take urban meyer over nick saban all day.

i would be totally fine with a defensive coordinator if we were georgia. more than enough money to go around and enough talent to get by with a jack of all trades scheme that prepares you for everything on your schedule

our budget means we have to make hard choices and we've had good defensive coaches with wild swings in performance from year to year which makes me think that spending the money on offense is a more dependable bet.

honest question - do you not think one of the questions coyle would ask a potential hc, especially a current dc, is who would you bring in as an offensive coordinator and what would you want your offensive identity to be?

honest question - do you not think one of the questions coyle would ask a potential hc, especially a dc, is who would you bring in as an offensive coordinator and what would you want your offensive identity to be?
i wouldn't trust their answer

it's very easy to tell people what they want to hear. marrone and shafer came out guns blazing then white knuckle shuffled

i wouldn't trust their answer

it's very easy to tell people what they want to hear. marrone and shafer came out guns blazing then white knuckle shuffled

I hear you but there are ways you could get confirmation, at least to a potential oc hire. you could make the deals at the same time.

the point im making is, lets see how the chips fall.

I hear you but there are ways you could get confirmation, at least to a potential oc hire. you could make the deals at the same time.

the point im making is, lets see how the chips fall.
it's just probabilities. i like my chances more hiring an offensive guy who's been running the system we want for a while. they're not going to scrap it. defensive guys just throw stuff against the wall on offense.

i get the temptation of a defensive coach with an air raid offense. that can be ideal. i want to be safe and assure we finally get a spread college offense run by someone who knows what they're doing

Lots of actual pundits are saying he'd be a great hire. Getting looked at by Rutgers, too. Clearly, SU fans know better than ADs, experts, etc.

Lots of actual pundits are saying he'd be a great hire. Getting looked at by Rutgers, too. Clearly, SU fans know better than ADs, experts, etc.
pundits!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom