ACC Football Championship on the move... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Football Championship on the move...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Florida host sites for the ACC Football Championship have proven to be only successful if Florida State plays in the game. Jacksonville and Tampa have both tried with poor support locally. Orlando hasn't been given the opportunity, but I'm not sure Orlando is substantially different than Tampa or Jacksonville. Atlanta would be a better choice, but it would have to not be on the same day as the SEC.

The ACC men's basketball tournament can be held anywhere on the east coast and do well I think. It wasn't scheduled to be in North Carolina for a couple of years anyway.

The ACC men's BBall tournament would look good in The Dome. But no one will want to come here while the infernal white flakes cover the ground. Oh Lord

acc_championship_game_crowd_view_2007_empty_stadium_jacksonville_altel_acc_sucks_sux_medium.jpg

Especially when you consider that 28 other states have similar laws...

Politics is ruining even non-political events now...

28 states have laws that specifically prohibit municipalities and other local governments from offering any legal protections (i.e. housing and job discrimination) to LGBT individuals? Because I don't that's true.

The Florida host sites for the ACC Football Championship have proven to be only successful if Florida State plays in the game. Jacksonville and Tampa have both tried with poor support locally. Orlando hasn't been given the opportunity, but I'm not sure Orlando is substantially different than Tampa or Jacksonville. Atlanta would be a better choice, but it would have to not be on the same day as the SEC.

The ACC men's basketball tournament can be held anywhere on the east coast and do well I think. It wasn't scheduled to be in North Carolina for a couple of years anyway.

ACC football has improved significantly. And assuming FSU or Clemson (with an outside chance of Louisville) is in the ACCCG attendance would be fine in Florida.

The previous games in FL had more to do with Wake/BC being in there than location. The only good matchup between Clemson and GT in Tampa drew relatively well.
7930121694_5ba2a8b61a_o.jpg

I don't know what the ACC motive is ,but the bigger issue here is not PC, it's basic human rights
It may not end with the ACC. There are several other conferences that hold their championships in NC. There is already talk that some of them may move their games also.

A basic human right is which bathroom to use?

Hey, the NC legislature has asserted its right to pass this law. Others living in this country also have the right to respond to that law in a situation where it might affect them or their constituency. I don't see how that's PC. Everyone is getting to make their case here. That's the opposite of PC, it would seem. And for us, the unintended consequence is that it loosens the NC stranglehold over the conference. Everyone's a winner except for the bigots.

What if the unintended consequences of these actions flip North Carolina into the red states . It is adversely effecting many people with loss of business and income .

I am not sure why so many organizations make such a big deals of the issue most people either is ok with or don't care about. For one I will not want my daughter to share restroom with boys in school. If my school district decided to do so, I will sue the hell out of them to get my tax back and send my kids to private schools.

Hey, the NC legislature has asserted its right to pass this law. Others living in this country also have the right to respond to that law in a situation where it might affect them or their constituency. I don't see how that's PC. Everyone is getting to make their case here. That's the opposite of PC, it would seem. And for us, the unintended consequence is that it loosens the NC stranglehold over the conference. Everyone's a winner except for the bigots.

That's a crock of sht, Cuomo boycotting ualbany from
playing duke has no bearing on his constuqncy and likey isn't even supported by the team he's penalizing. and nice of you to call people who don't hold the politically correct view bigots.

The issue is stupid and boycotting of college teams and games is wrong.

Last edited:
I am glad of this as a resident of North Carolina. The state government with HB2 was responding to local legislation and took away the right to self determination and community values. This is just one issue in which they have taken away the rights of localities to govern themselves. Consider that the state government took away the rights of localities to prevent, or regulate in any way, fracking. You can frack next to a school or day care if you want, the taxpayer cannot prevent it.

Add to the HB2 nonsense the fact that the state Republican Party was recently given the smackdown by the Washington Post for putting into practice restrictive and discriminatory voting laws. A federal judge struck down these laws and told to reinstate earlier practices like early voting.

I thought this would be a business friendly state but it is friendly to energy companies and takes away the right of taxpayers to have a say in their community. It's an embarrassment and I'm proud of the ACC for recognizing their behavior as such.

Bigot????? I don't want my daughter to be in a restroom with a male, plan and simple!!!

Killdozer said:
Bigot????? I don't want my daughter to be in a restroom with a male, plan and simple!!!

Questions:

Did she ever accompany you to the men's bathroom so she wouldn't be going in the woman's bathroom alone?

What makes a male, a male? And how would anyone know if they are dressed as a woman?

Do women's bathrooms in NC have urinals? Or just stalls?

Do you mind your daughter being in a women's bathroom with a gay woman?

---

I'm really not trying to provoke you. I'm just saying it's complicated. I don't mind my boys (7 and 4) in the men's bathroom with a gay man and I'm certainly not worried about a man (who was born a women) in the same bathroom because I go in with them.

My question, how often did you think of this issue before politicians made it an issue? For all we know, this situation has potententially existed for hundreds of years with not a single documented criminal instance. My opinion is this is another example of government interference within our our non-situational lives.

I'll say this if the North Carolina college president had any say in this , and all the people on its board who are on there high horse about this North Carolina law then you and the North Carolina college president are dummies and hypocrits, with the recent topic on this board about the North Carolina officers laughing and joking with a football rape suspect and the girl having to go to a magistrate to get possible justice that doesnt sound like equal protection to me. And if I was a Noth Carolina legislator I might think of cutting the funds to shat state institution yntil they got off there high horse.protecting the so called rights of someone using a bathroom and pulling out sports events because of, it is a total joke compared to protecting a possible rape victim, and making sure her case is taken seriously, that's what should take sports out of a state , so put that in your pipe and smoke on it and if you don't like that you can turn it sideways and shave it where the sun don't shine and ban me if you want bunch of hypocrites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom