ACC game of the week | Syracusefan.com

ACC game of the week

SmilinBob

Living Legend
FSU vs Clemson. Please oh please have this game be an epic thrilling watch it at the end of your seat type of game for all our sakes. The idiot pundits need this type of game to continue talking about the ACC so the balls in your hands Noles and Tigers...make it happen and let's get this ACC thing rolling!

I'm sick to death of the SEC teams being ranked while beating no one outside of the SEC. Georgia beat who? Florida beat who? How do you earn this type of reward being ranked? FSU beat Florida...Clemson beat Georgia and now you have a chance to show the world what the ACC has to offer.

Raise the bar and Syracuse will follow.

FSU vs Clemson. Please oh please have this game be an epic thrilling watch it at the end of your seat type of game for all our sakes. The idiot pundits need this type of game to continue talking about the ACC so the balls in your hands Noles and Tigers...make it happen and let's get this ACC thing rolling!

I'm sick to death of the SEC teams being ranked while beating no one outside of the SEC. Georgia beat who? Florida beat who? How do you earn this type of reward being ranked? FSU beat Florida...Clemson beat Georgia and now you have a chance to show the world what the ACC has to offer.

It's much more important that whoever wins this game wins out and plays in the National Championship. Would be huge for the ACC. Think Clemson has a better chance of winning the NC since they have a veteran team, so I'm pulling for them.

at what point do we stop routing for SU to get to a BCS game and root for the ACC? Clemson winning locks us out of any log shot chance. Im still about maximizing SUs bowl game over the ACC getting into the BCS game..

at what point do we stop routing for SU to get to a BCS game and root for the ACC? Clemson winning locks us out of any log shot chance. Im still about maximizing SUs bowl game over the ACC getting into the BCS game..
seriously? we need to adopt the SEC mindset of rooting for the other teams in your conference to be good, as it will help us. We aren't making a BCS game, and we certainly can win the rest of our games besides FSU and get a nice bowl berth.

if we win out we only need about two things to happen to win the ACC . I really dont care who wins the title as long as the best teams are in the game..

Not that any intelligent FSU fan (or SCar fan or anyone who hates Clemson) would pull for Clemson...but, for the 'sake' of the conference (and I'm not a big 'rah rah' guy for conference foes just 'because')...Clemson winning a great game V FSU, then Miami winning a great game v FSU...then having Clemson and Miami win out would mean we would also have a top 5 ACC Championship game. If that happened then end of season would have:
Clemson/Miami winner top 2/3
Clemson/Miami loser top 10
FSU would be Top 15 again (obviously need them to win out including win over Gators)
VT top 20 (need them to win against all but to teams above)
Syracuse top 25 (need them to win against all but to teams above) - could put Maryland here, but with them leaving just assume y'all take this spot

1 in BCS championship, 2 in top 10, 3 in top 15, 5 in top 25 would be a great year for the ACC obviously - with things only looking to get stronger.

So basically, you want idiots talk7ng about US, or at least our conference?

The fact is ACC football has been incredibly weak, and got a lot of credit despite that. From the ACC perpesctive, they gots no complaints.

It's much more important that whoever wins this game wins out and plays in the National Championship. Would be huge for the ACC. Think Clemson has a better chance of winning the NC since they have a veteran team, so I'm pulling for them.

Right. Best case scenario for ACC is that the winner wins out. Even if this game is a blowout. All the attention and spotlight immediately goes on the winner.

If said winner should blow it in their finale against their in state SEC rival, then you have your worst case scenario for the ACC.

The other division is still lingering as well. I don't think Miami is quite ready to win at FSU, but another bad scenario for the league is FSU beats Clemson, Miami beats FSU, VT beats Miami.

League perception is measured by the strength of your strongest team. Not by parity.

""Last year they got us, but I feel like we should have won," said Beasley, who has a career-best nine sacks so far this season. "We're looking for payback."

I was told that players and teams in the south don't talk this way.

WHA HAPPENED?

""Last year they got us, but I feel like we should have won," said Beasley, who has a career-best nine sacks so far this season. "We're looking for payback."

I was told that players and teams in the south don't talk this way.

WHA HAPPENED?
He never said it...media making stuff up again :)

Can only imagine what Death Valley will be like on Saturday. That place will be a scene. Exactly what college football is all about. Can not wait to have that electricity return to the Dome. I for one will be glued to the set - and rooting for Clemson. Call it orange brotherhood. Prefer them over FSU, VT and Miami - by a wide margin.

Not that any intelligent FSU fan (or SCar fan or anyone who hates Clemson) would pull for Clemson...but, for the 'sake' of the conference (and I'm not a big 'rah rah' guy for conference foes just 'because')...Clemson winning a great game V FSU, then Miami winning a great game v FSU...then having Clemson and Miami win out would mean we would also have a top 5 ACC Championship game. If that happened then end of season would have:
Clemson/Miami winner top 2/3
Clemson/Miami loser top 10
FSU would be Top 15 again (obviously need them to win out including win over Gators)
VT top 20 (need them to win against all but to teams above)
Syracuse top 25 (need them to win against all but to teams above) - could put Maryland here, but with them leaving just assume y'all take this spot

1 in BCS championship, 2 in top 10, 3 in top 15, 5 in top 25 would be a great year for the ACC obviously - with things only looking to get stronger.

Yeahhhhh...NO. Losing to the Tigers and the Canes is not acceptable. Instead, FSU wins over CU and Miami (and ncsu!), while an 11-1 VT reps the Coastal in the ACC-CG.

I am fine with this.

Gotta beat @GT, WF, @UMD, Pitt and BC. Giving @FSU a good show would help. In the "eyes" of the computer rankings @Northwestern and Clemson, and presumably FSU, are good losses. Penn State isn't.

Yeahhhhh...NO. Losing to the Tigers and the Canes is not acceptable. Instead, FSU wins over CU and Miami (and ncsu!), while an 11-1 VT reps the Coastal in the ACC-CG.

Again, for "league perception" reasons only, VT winning the Coastal would be bad as you know we'd both hear from our instate rivals (even if/when we beat them both this year) but "VT lost to the SEC/Alabama". Again, not suggesting that should change your desired outcome of Saturday at all...but based ONLY on getting the most high rated teams/best conference scenario...mine wins. lol

Hey, y'all are favored and everyone and their mother is picking you all to win. FSU needs this game, when was your last big win? Against us last year? Should be fun...

I am fine with this.

Gotta beat @GT, WF, @UMD, Pitt and BC. Giving @FSU a good show would help. In the "eyes" of the computer rankings @Northwestern and Clemson, and presumably FSU, are good losses. Penn State isn't.

I think BC is pretty good, considering they gave both FSU and Clemson tough games, their coach impresses me.

Not so fast. If Clemson's bid for the NC is not over by mid-night Saturday, it will certainly die at Williams-Brice Stadium on Nov 30. FSU is the your best shot at the NC and I hope they make it.

Not so fast. If Clemson's bid for the NC is not over by mid-night Saturday, it will certainly die at Williams-Brice Stadium on Nov 30. FSU is the your best shot at the NC and I hope they make it.
I like the Gamecocks but do you just troll boards looking for places to talk about Clemson? Bizarre board for an $EC fan to sign up for...

This is why preseason rankings suck. It props all of these SEC teams up at the beginning of the year, then they lose a game or two and are still ranked in the Top 25 (even though they beat no one). Rankings should not come out until at least Week 4.

I like the Gamecocks but do you just troll boards looking for places to talk about Clemson? Bizarre board for an $EC fan to sign up for...

Been to the dome about a dozen times over the last 3 years. Been in the house for Pitt, GT, Wake, LV, Tulane, etc. Followed the Orange to the Big East Tournament and the Final Four in 2013.

Been to the dome about a dozen times over the last 3 years. Been in the house for Pitt, GT, Wake, LV, Tulane, etc. Followed the Orange to the Big East Tournament and the Final Four in 2013.

Which way to the closest Tennessee board?

Oh wait, I don't care (and I've been to Tennessee about a dozen times over the last 3 years...)

Hey, did you meet the new neighbors down the street? Interesting subdivision we've moved into.

Hey, did you meet the new neighbors down the street? Interesting subdivision we've moved into.
Not gonna lie, kinda like other opposing fans coming on, especially if they are civil and have a bit of knowledge. And that's what the ACC has done. No more garbage from Rutgers and UConn. We actually have people here that know about football!

Not gonna lie, kinda like other opposing fans coming on, especially if they are civil and have a bit of knowledge. And that's what the ACC has done. No more garbage from Rutgers and UConn. We actually have people here that know about football!
A-freaking-men

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom