ACC Network Getting Carriage Already | Syracusefan.com

ACC Network Getting Carriage Already

I just hope that i have internet by 2019 so I can actually watch a digital feed

H/T: Cardinals in at CSNBBS
1 more time in English please.

ACC network on FIOS was all I needed to see, we good.
Spell check...

Was giving a hat tip to CardinalJim at CSNBBS.com

Disney-Altice Deal Proves Operators Will Still Pay for Sports TV

Altice will carry the SEC Network, which features games from schools in the Southeastern Conference, and the yet-to-be launched ACC Network, which features Atlantic Coast Conference teams, the people said.
I made a separate post on this article, should have known OX already had a link posted.

This was thought to be a key early battle that would give a good indication of how successful Disney/ESPN will be getting distribution of the ACC network outside the core geography of the ACC network.

That ties in directly in determining how much revenue ESPN and the ACC schools will get when the ACC Network starts officially.

This first battle is over. Game, set, match Disney/ESPN.

I made a separate post on this article, should have known OX already had a link posted.

This was thought to be a key early battle that would give a good indication of how successful Disney/ESPN will be getting distribution of the ACC network outside the core geography of the ACC network.

That ties in directly in determining how much revenue ESPN and the ACC schools will get when the ACC Network starts officially.

This first battle is over. Game, set, match Disney/ESPN.

Yes. I am a bit surprised. I was preparing for a shutdown.

However, I am a Cablevision subscriber and my response to Cablevision would have been:

If you want me to stick with Cablevision, you need to waive my entire cable bill for as long as ESPN et al are off the air. If you don't, I'm off to FIOS.

I pay for some ungodly number of channels and watch about 6 of them...

Does anyone know if Disney is going to offer something like HBO Go? I'd gladly pay $10-15/month for all of the ESPN channels, Disney channels, and ABC. Then I could ditch the rest of the cable and get anything else I need OTA or online.

Does anyone know if Disney is going to offer something like HBO Go? I'd gladly pay $10-15/month for all of the ESPN channels, Disney channels, and ABC. Then I could ditch the rest of the cable and get anything else I need OTA or online.
If you have reliable Internet...go OTT

YoutubeTV, Sling, Hulu, Vue...etc...

A decent thread here that can be your primer...
An Analysis of TV OTT Platforms

Last edited:
I tell everyone to get it. Sling is nice from what I hear but PSVue cannot be beat
Sling Orange with the Sports Package for $25 + tax is the best deal for someone who only needs to watch from one device at a time. It covers Orange Fans with probably 98% of all possible telecasts.

Long time lurker,first time responder but I have the play station vue and seem to barely get any actual games especially Syracuse games that are on local channels also don't have antenna any one else experience this also? ... maybe I'm doing something wrong ? ...

Long time lurker,first time responder but I have the play station vue and seem to barely get any actual games especially Syracuse games that are on local channels also don't have antenna any one else experience this also? ... maybe I'm doing something wrong ? ...

you need an antenna for local stations. I have the Vue also...works great.

Is it saying it is blacked out?

I upgraded my basic Vue package and got the $10 Sports package to get RedZone and a ton of regional sports channels. The Syracuse game was blacked out last weekend so I watched on my laptop via the ACC feed.

I upgraded my basic Vue package and got the $10 Sports package to get RedZone and a ton of regional sports channels. The Syracuse game was blacked out last weekend so I watched on my laptop via the ACC feed.

The ACC feed was blacked out for me...But I got the game with the antenna I have hooked up.

I didn't opt for the sports package,because I had a antenna last season. I was told that when you get a smart TV the antenna is built in. I did some reaserch and found that I need a converter box to hook a antenna up, so I will be buying one of those soon the acc feed was blackout for me also.. I unfortunately had to follow the updates on twitter for NC State

Been one of the best things I've done to save some money recently.
Does he let you go mobile these days? When I looked into this last year, you were locked into your house or provider zip code location.

Does he let you go mobile these days? When I looked into this last year, you were locked into your house or provider zip code location.
Yeah I'm still locked into my location and just had to change it from Boston to Syracuse which changed the lineup slightly. It doesn't like when you try to use it on a foreign network but it still works after the initial error message about using Vue outside your home IP address.