ACC Network is on Comcast now | Syracusefan.com

ACC Network is on Comcast now

I don't think they have updated the streaming side yet.

I switched to Comcast when I moved in April and really hate/regret it prefer Fios. This might keep me for a bit more.

I can't find it. 1322 doesn't exist on my Comcast system and when I do an audio search for ACC, nothing comes up.

I can't find it. 1322 doesn't exist on my Comcast system and when I do an audio search for ACC, nothing comes up.
Sounds like they have reached an agreement in principle and have started testing to confirm the setup when it goes officially goes live.

I know it was important for the ACC and for ACC fans to get this in place before the college football season began. My guess is an official announcement will be made in the next week or so.

It will be interesting to see how lucrative the deal is for the ACC. Just a few pennies per month per subscriber is a big deal when Comcast and their huge subscriber base is involved.

I saw one article a while back that estimated at minimum, getting Comcast on board would add another $3M in revenue per season for each ACC school.

I think this will get annual revenue for the ACCN over $10M per school per year. Good job by the new commissioner to get the deal in place before the season starts. Let's hope they negotiated good carriage rates as well.

Sounds like every school should be making at least $3-4M more

Also, the NCTC group of 700 or so smaller cable companies has expanded their ACC Network offerings too. Before it was optional to carry, now it looks like it is part of the ESPN package. Two years ago they had 8M subscribers.

Last edited:
Interesting article, which includes contributions for syracusefan.com alum Dan Lyons.

Pretty clear ESPN played a huge role getting Texas and Oklahoma to join the SEC.

It is also pretty clear ESPN would benefit hugely if ND joined the ACC. Their NBC deal is ending fairly soon (I believe it goes through 2025). Will ESPN do more matchmaking to benefit themselves here? I have to believe they are going to try.

At this point all the ACC can do is be pro-active so it’s nice to see they’re actually doing that.
All the ACC really needs to do is to stay in the 3rd spot. We need to keep FSU, Miami and Clemson happy. I think the SEC is about to see the unintended consequences.

If you have too many Football Factories in the conference you start to get more 5,6,7,8 win seasons for schools used to 9+ wins

Also, the SEC might just have crossed the line and the other power leagues are going avoid them as much as possible.

I have a bit of schadenfreude with the Big12 leftovers after the last round of expansion...however, these schools deserve to still be in the club.

Interesting article, which includes contributions for syracusefan.com alum Dan Lyons.

Pretty clear ESPN played a huge role getting Texas and Oklahoma to join the SEC.

It is also pretty clear ESPN would benefit hugely if ND joined the ACC. Their NBC deal is ending fairly soon (I believe it goes through 2025). Will ESPN do more matchmaking to benefit themselves here? I have to believe they are going to try.
Notre Dame isn’t leaving NBC unless NBC doesn’t want them.
ESPN can’t do anything to make Notre Dame come to ESPN or the ACC.

That article is a month old almost. We all know ESPN pushed the SEC to take Texas and Oklahoma. It was about paying a brand they own 100% to get brands that they could control.
The Big XII rights were going back on the market fairly soon and ESPN didn’t want a bidding war and to have to possibly lose Oklahoma and Texas in that package so they took the brands they wanted and just told the SEC whom they now own fully take them and we will pay you more.
They cut the legs out of the Big XII by taking their brands and they can move the leftovers to another brand they own in the American.
What ESPN did isn’t rocket science.

Notre Dame isn’t going to leave NBC and bail out the ACC. Notre Dame is using the ACC for the status quo just like they used the Big East for the status quo.

I don’t like the Big Ten but at this point screw Notre Dame and force them to join that conference and be Ohio State and Michigan’s well paid you know what.

They need to mean it. If ND comes aboard and we start to see more games matching SEC and ACC teams that do not share the same state, ESPN will make a fat profit and ACC football will be accorded more stature.

I'm really looking forward to finally getting the ACC Network on Comcast. Streaming the radio broadcast is far better than nothing, but needless to say TV is TV.

I followed Alsac's instructions but when the network didn't appear on Comcast, a message came up saying "We are sorry that channel is not available but we would be happy to show you a repeat of a Rutgers game from last year."

So now I need a new television to replace the shattered screen on my old TV...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom