ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 122 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

ultimately the powers that be gave about 10 seconds thought to the Rutgers/USC cross country meet or field hockey game. this article is offensive in that they actually care about the olympic sports with this nake ambition move to the BIG for the california teams.

they will reap what they sow with this move which makes no sense other than for money.

Reading stuff like this is great. You do have to hand it to the SEC. They’ve approached/handled the whole expansion thing perfectly. Every move they’ve made has made sense. It’s only added to their value. Remember when B10 added Rutgers and Maryland.
The Rumor was that the B1G added them to keep Ped State from getting wandering eyes. Was that true or not? I haven't the slightest idea.

The Rumor was that the B1G added them to keep Ped State from getting wandering eyes. Was that true or not? I haven't the slightest idea.

I think Penn State fans probably appreciate a couple of shorter trips. But their eyes are/were never wandering, as much as some on this board want to believe it.

The big is standing pat for now. I don't see the SEC adding FSU but that is the only possibility for them. At this point the only move that might happen and it is a very small chance is a scheduling alliance between the Pac and the acc. Otherwise, I think the acc stays where it is until the media carnage is over.
Cable is going the way of newspapers. It started in earnest about 5 years ago but now it really has steam. Very few if any individuals under the age of 30 have cable and ever will. Streaming is the future and other than ESPN none of the majors have solid streaming options. I fully expect mergers and acquisitions to take place within the next 5 years that will completely alter the media landscape. The ACC is actually in solid shape IF it plays its cards right. I'm not sold on our new commissioner and believe he in over his head. Actually, would love to see JW in charge as he obviously knows the media side as well as anyone in the country. It's hard to do nothing which is probably the best thing the ACC can do at this point.

I just read a new report Clemson Washington Florida state and Oregon will be invited to the big ten today

It’s obviously coming from somewhere I wish it would just happen and deal with what ever happens

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom