ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

F the B1G

And F the SEC

Glad to see the rest of the p5 band together to prevent those two jerk off conferences from driving the bus and dragging everybody else along for the ride.
But the B1G is part of the alliance

1628904471273.png

Well the ACC working with Big Ten and PAC-12 would suggest they don’t agree here.
Slowing down ESPN’s expansion of the CFB playoffs won’t make them happy.
Espn was trying to get those CFB expanded and get a longer term control of the playoffs.
These SEC moves definitely slowed that down and won’t make ESPN happy.
Only someone stupid doesn't agree that you never let your money get angry. And successful people are rarely stupid. And I will always believe in what I call my Rochford rule. Nothing makes no sense at all. If you don't understand how it makes sense, you are missing something. Somewhere, it makes sense. It would not surprise me one bit, if the three leagues are out to isolate the SEC.

Only someone stupid doesn't agree that you never let your money get angry. And successful people are rarely stupid. And I will always believe in what I call my Rochford rule. Nothing makes no sense at all. If you don't understand how it makes sense, you are missing something. Somewhere, it makes sense.
Well the ACC isn’t in line with their money. They are talking with PAC-12 and Big Ten(Fox entity’s.)
So I doubt ESPN will be happy.

Well the ACC isn’t in line with their money. They are talking with PAC-12 and Big Ten(Fox entity’s.)
So I doubt ESPN will be happy.
We don't know what they are talking about. First, do you think they are talking without espn knowing what they are talking about? Do you think they are talking without espn's blessings? Right now, we don't know what we don't know. What we do know is that these three leagues are feeling pressure from the SEC. And I would guess that they don't like it much. I think when they are done doing whatever it is that they are going to do, the SEC at the very least, won't like it. They may or may not care much, but they won't like it.

F the B1G

And F the SEC

Glad to see the rest of the p5 band together to prevent those two jerk off conferences from driving the bus and dragging everybody else along for the ride.
Not much else they can really do.

We don't know what they are talking about. First, do you think they are talking without espn knowing what they are talking about? Do you think they are talking without espn's blessings? Right now, we don't know what we don't know. What we do know is that these three leagues are feeling pressure from the SEC. And I would guess that they don't like it much. I think when they are done doing whatever it is that they are going to do, the SEC at the very least, won't like it. They may or may not care much, but they won't like it.
But I honestly don't know how ESPN would give the ACC the blessing for these conversations.

ACC, B1G, and Pac are meeting to diffuse the power of the SEC
all the while ESPN is trying to consolidate the power of the SEC and thereby bolster ESPN's preeminence in college football

I said this in the other thread with one of my first posts. ACC would be smart to try to convince b10 and even pac whatever to form a super conference. It would have significantly more teams than the SEC and would cover a majority of the U.S. Instead of the SEC on the offense and everyone else playing defense, this super conference would have the power to control what they want. Just have their own playoff system and championship. Who gives a ____ what the SEC does. A super conference would just act as if it’s it’s the only conference in the country.

i was thinking the same thing lol. ESPN owns the SEC &ACC networks so i was thinking or hoping at least that ESPN would look out for us
In response to this, ESPN could have been looking out for us before all this. We are stuck in a subpar contract with them all the while Clemson keeps showing up in the CFP, and ACC basketball keeps delivering

In response to this, ESPN could have been looking out for us before all this. We are stuck in a subpar contract with them all the while Clemson keeps showing up in the CFP, and ACC basketball keeps delivering
The ACC can disband and Pac 12 can do the same, then form a new conference, under a new name.

But I honestly don't know how ESPN would give the ACC the blessing for these conversations.

ACC, B1G, and Pac are meeting to diffuse the power of the SEC
all the while ESPN is trying to consolidate the power of the SEC and thereby bolster ESPN's preeminence in college football
This is it exactly.
The new commissioner of the ACC is a former Big Ten AD. Has contacts there.
His loyalty before taking this job wasn’t to ESPN.

ESPN declared war on college football. By making the SEC their prized jewel and taking Oklahoma/Texas.
Espn has the ACC by the gonads. ACC shouldn’t just sit back and let themselves become less powerful. Take power away from ESPN and SEC makes sense.
The SEC power comes from Disney.

You get it. I wish people would stop thinking of ESPN as an ally.
They got a great deal with the ACC they are protecting that. The ACC shouldn’t just accept that and not try to make things better for itself.
The ACC Network isn’t worth that much.
It’s worth about 5-8 million per year per school. Which is nice money but c’mon ESPN is doing all the work and they are making money for themselves with it as well. It’s a not a great deal.

Streaming services are the future. Not TV networks.

Last edited:
This is it exactly.
The new commissioner of the ACC is a former Big Ten AD. Has contacts there.
His loyalty before taking this job wasn’t to ESPN.

ESPN declared war on college football. By making the SEC their prized jewel and taking Oklahoma/Texas.
Espn has the ACC by the gonads. ACC shouldn’t just sit back and let themselves become less powerful. Take power away from ESPN and SEC makes sense.
The SEC power comes from Disney.
I was gonna say ...more than anything else it's Disney that needs to be blown up. I don't know why it has been allowed to continue the way it has. It holds too much power and has accumulated too much intellectual property to make it very difficult for anyone to compete against them. It needs to be broken up

I was gonna say ...more than anything else it's Disney that needs to be blown up. I don't know why it has been allowed to continue the way it has. It holds too much power and has accumulated too much intellectual property to make it very difficult for anyone to compete against them. It needs to be broken up
I think Disney in the near future will pull Espn and all its networks off cable and make them part of Disney+.

Charge 50 bucks a month for the networks and they won’t be on cable or satellite anymore.
Disney keeps all the money.

That chit is coming real soon.
Cut the middle man out and they will keep all the money.

I think Disney in the near future will pull Espn and all its networks off cable and make them part of Disney+.

Charge 50 bucks a month for the networks and they won’t be on cable or satellite anymore.
Disney keeps all the money.

That chit is coming real soon.
Cut the middle man out and they will keep all the money.
Hmmm ...

1628908479680.jpeg

Stop doubting me, fools.

alsacs, no need to apologize…you worked too hard on this and went off the deep end.

pretty simple stuff here…

Not sure what the PAC 12 brings to the table except 10pm games and lots of travel.

If you want to expand and plan for SEC domination I’m all for working with the Big 10 and adding say a Cincy or Memphis over a Washington State or Oregon State.

Heck grab some Big 12 scraps Texas schools like TCU over Cal.

At the end of the day I still say Kansas and Iowa State are announced to the Big10 before the year is over

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom