ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 281 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

Oh yeah, I'm quite familiar with those contracts. But I can't see most major operators following those terms. Not for Stanford, Cal and SMU. There's going to be a lot negotiations, and maybe some legal action.
UCLA already is going ton have pay part of its BT earnings to cal, because Cal Berkeley is THE flagship of the U Cal system and Regents didn't want Cal athletics destroyed by the UCLA move. So I think that Cal and Stanford alums can get a whole lot done even in LA and San Diego. They have major clout not just in San Fran but also in Sacramento.

UCLA already is going ton have pay part of its BT earnings to cal, because Cal Berkeley is THE flagship of the U Cal system and Regents didn't want Cal athletics destroyed by the UCLA move. So I think that Cal and Stanford alums can get a whole lot done even in LA and San Diego. They have major clout not just in San Fran but also in Sacramento.
No alum of these schools is going to easily convince the leadership of Comcast and Charter to spend millions more dollars for the ACCN to get an in market rate. There is zero revenue incentive for these companies to do so.

The difference between CA state politics and cable network negotiations is like comparing apples and hand grenades.

Not a good sign.

Screen Shot 2023-08-31 at 8.46.39 PM.png

In other words, unless we get most of the money, we vote no.

Would much rather not expand than give the shake down artists an extra dime.

It is a shame there are schools like this in our conference.
Figured that UNC, Clemson and FSU wouldn't budge. NC St. is the wildcard.

Honestly, I'd have to agree. And yes. I recognize that UNC is not opposing this out of the goodness of their hearts. But other than it being a money grab and the ACC being reactive to other CR moves around them, the idea of Stanford/Cal/SMU, makes little sense. JMHO

Personally, I wouldn't characterize it as a who cares what the fan wants college football world. The fans of the haves dwarf the fans of the have nots. And I'm sure the fans of the haves are ok with it all. I don't think the casual fans care either, they'll still get the content on TV.

But I would call it a who cares what's best for the olympic student athlete college football world. The amount of travel that will be expected of them is obscene.
I think that’s mostly right. Still there are diehards of 60 or 70 college football teams who are pissed off.

Honestly, I'd have to agree. And yes. I recognize that UNC is not opposing this out of the goodness of their hearts. But other than it being a money grab and the ACC being reactive to other CR moves around them, the idea of Stanford/Cal/SMU, makes little sense. JMHO

We should do a 3 team trade with the Big 12, we take in Cal, Stan, SMU to immediately trade for WVU, Cincy, and UCF. I don’t care about the dollar value of big markets when the schools are 3,000 miles away. Give me regional and historical rivalries that make sense.

Adding these three teams reminded me of when the Big East added Marquette. Didn’t/doesn’t make any sense

Bigger question though is if they do pivot and go to the Big 12 for instance... is that helping the B12 in the long run and then comes at the expense of most of the ACC... even though is a path of destruction all this crap is on anyways.

I still think that the ACC shouldn't pay out any performance incentives to schools that vote no. Give what they would've received to the next place school that voted yes.
ACC will be a laughing stock and basically the new AAC if they let these schools in the Bay Area doesn't care about college football.

Im furious Syracuse is supporting this garbage.

JUST SAY NO!

ACC will be a laughing stock and basically the new AAC if they let these schools in the Bay Area doesn't care about college football.

Im furious Syracuse is supporting this garbage.

JUST SAY NO!
How would the ACC be a laughing stock and the new AAC? Cal and Stanford are legitimate academic institutions. It's not like they're looking at SJ St. and Fresno St.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom