ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 286 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

This is what cracks me up above all else. The media companies that pay the conferences for rights are taking in anywhere from $5 to $15 BILLION a year, but the schools are fighting a death match over $20-30 million. They're all so incredibly dumb.
So these administrators are now telling us they want to be Saturday's version of the NFL.
Play from coast to coast. Big games every week...

Yeah, sure you do.

Don't forget that Oklahoma was slated to play Georgia this year, but they cancelled that upon announcing the OU and Texas were joining in the SEC.

Yet, here are the choices these slap-happy ADs made for their schedules for Week 1 this year. All to collectively protect their jobs and those of their head coaches.

Week One has 88 games, from Thursday through Labor Day Monday.
  • 42 of the 88 matchups are FCS vs FBS games.
  • 28 of the 88 games are G5 @ P5, while only 6 are P5 @ G5 games.
  • Only 10 of the 88 games this week are P5 vs P5.

If they do it will likely be to Apple. That’s the rumor anyway.
I'm interested to see how that affects the sports rights fees for the next cycle. All this crap is happening because the SEC/Big Ten got absolutely huge deals. Had they gap been smaller we probably wouldn't be chatting.

It's sort of wild how many people on Twitter, and here, who saw what happened to the PAC 12, knows how vulnerable Syracuse is, and still oppose this move, which was probably the best shot the conference has to survive.

It was unequivocally the best bad option.
I’m glad the ACC reached out to these schools. If ever SU is in this situation, I hope someone takes us in too.

This is shameful RIP ACC.

Feel terrible for the non revenue athletes of ours being treated like puppets now they have to go to California for games. I’m furious and think the university is pathetic for bowing down to Cal Berkeley and Stanford. Invite Colgate too while we’re at it.
I have a feeling our athletes aren't going to be too mad about taking a week long trip to California once a year, lol. The games against Cal and Stanford will always be bunched together on the road.

FYI, this YouTube show called "The Monty Show" (who seem like sort of anti-ACC blowhards) are reporting that they have heard that the ACC and Clemson, FSU, UNC will work on a "negotiated exit" within 5 years. No idea if there is anything to it

I have a feeling our athletes aren't going to be too mad about taking a week long trip to California once a year, lol. The games against Cal and Stanford will always be bunched together on the road.

I mean getting some easy wins is best case scenario and the ACC has been puking all over itself OOC for a while in BB and FB its not like there's anywhere to be demoted to.

My beef is that we just let the Big Ten off the hook and pretty much reaffirmed their stupidity with this move.

Two great institutions joining the ACC. Stanford already recruits well on the east coast. Their recruiting may explode. They can easily be a top 25 team in football.

Can anyone name a school whose recruiting markedly improved when making a move from p5 to p5 conference?

Nobody knows (yet) what side deals were cut for this to go through, e.g. easier for UNC to vote no if it knew NC State was going to provide the final vote to approve.

Presumably a school would play one of the two CA schools away, and one at home.

FYI, this YouTube show called "The Monty Show" (who seem like sort of anti-ACC blowhards) are reporting that they have heard that the ACC and Clemson, FSU, UNC will work on a "negotiated exit" within 5 years. No idea if there is anything to it

I like it. I hope they all creep out one or two at a time. Maximize media revenue, hemorrhage those leaving, then cross fingers and hope we land in the SEC or BIG whatever they'll be called.

ACC New Map.png

Why would any school in their right mind agree to that? You’re right when you called them blowhards.

Now that this is official Oregon State and Washington State really got hosed and it would have been nice if the ACC could have included them.

It's all different degrees of stupid anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom