ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 317 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

Super vague indeed.

Cal, Stanford, and especially SMU giving up money to join buys time for the rest of the league. Part of that time will be used to get everyone to agree that a portion of the TV revenue must be distributed to those schools that draw the most TV viewers. Wake and BC certainly will always oppose that, but even for them, it is better to do that than to have the most valuable 4 -6 or even 8 members leave.

So how does a school like Syracuse guarantee it draws TV audiences that are larger than those it has been drawing (other than having back to 10-2 teams)? Improve OOC scheduling, with a focus on large student body state school foes. Cincy, UCF, USF are all that, and also are located in areas with huge numbers of recruits. Even FAU has 30K students. Temple certainly is large.
Draw the most viewers, or win championships, make NCAA hoops tournaments or make football bowl games?

I'm sure Wake & BCU get lots of TV viewers for both football and basketball.

Heck, on the footbll front, UNC hasn't beaten Clemson since 2013. :)

Draw the most viewers, or win championships, make NCAA hoops tournaments or make football bowl games?

I'm sure Wake & BCU get lots of TV viewers for both football and basketball.

Heck, on the footbll front, UNC hasn't beaten Clemson since 2013. :)
Where is this Boston College University?

There were only 3 that made even partial sense to add without paying hefty GOR/buyout. . Plus if you stand at 17, then you again make the case to ND that unless the ACC remains a truly Major conference. ND will be 'forced' to join the BT. So it is better for ND to play a few more ACC football games than to be in the BT.

SEC, BT, ESPN, and Fox people all want it to be always about how they are going to gain at the expense of th ACC. They have very strong biases and wish fulfillment desires.
Yep. Does anyone here remember "the Dude of West Virginia"?

Yes you can. If you have two permanent rivals then you rotate the other 14 teams over two years (7/7)

It is math. Go ahead and mock out year 1 and you will see that one team is left with 8 games.

Edit

Or let's pretend there are no OOC games, and only ACC games.

Week 1: one team will have get a bye

Week 2: another team have to get a bye

...and so on where after Week 9 you will 8 teams with 9 games and 9 teams with 8 games. So in Week 10 eight teams get a bye. The other 9 teams only 8 can play, one team gets left out. Which means after week 10 there are 16 teams with 9 games and 1 team with 8.

Last edited:
It is math. Go ahead and mock out year 1 and you will see that one team is left with 8 games.

Edit

Or let's pretend there are no OOC games, and only ACC games.

Week 1: one team will have get a bye

Week 2: another team have to get a bye

...and so on where after Week 9 you will 8 teams with 9 games and 9 teams with 8 games. So in Week 10 eight teams get a bye. The other 9 teams only 8 can play, one team gets left out. Which means after week 10 there are 16 teams with 9 games and 1 team with 8.
Boston College (SU PITT) +7
Syracuse (BC PITT) +7
Pittsburgh (BC SU) +7
Louisville (VT MIAMI) +7
Virginia Tech (UVA UL) +7
Virginia (VT UNC) +7
North Carolina (UVA NCST) +7
NC State (UNC CLEMSON) +7
Duke (WF GT) +7
Wake Forest (DUKE GT) +7
Georgia Tech (DUKE WF) +7
Clemson (NCST FSU) +7
Florida St (CLEMSON MIAMI) +7
Miami (UL FSU) +7
SMU (CAL STANFORD) +7
Stanford (CAL SMU) +7
Cal (STANFORD SMU) +7

I don’t see where I’m missing anything. Could you tell me where the math is off?

Boston College (SU PITT) +7
Syracuse (BC PITT) +7
Pittsburgh (BC SU) +7
Louisville (VT MIAMI) +7
Virginia Tech (UVA UL) +7
Virginia (VT UNC) +7
North Carolina (UVA NCST) +7
NC State (UNC CLEMSON) +7
Duke (WF GT) +7
Wake Forest (DUKE GT) +7
Georgia Tech (DUKE WF) +7
Clemson (NCST FSU) +7
Florida St (CLEMSON MIAMI) +7
Miami (UL FSU) +7
SMU (CAL STANFORD) +7
Stanford (CAL SMU) +7
Cal (STANFORD SMU) +7

I don’t see where I’m missing anything. Could you tell me where the math is off?

1. That isn't mapping out
2. You are arguing against math.

With 8 games and 14 teams and 2 teams playing per game, the ACC used to have 56 conference games. With 9 games and 17 teams and 2 teams playing per game, you end up with 76.5 games. So how exactly does one play half a game?

What's our worst case scenario? Big East basketball and independent football? ACC leftovers + Tulane, Memphis, UConn and USF? AAC and CUSA would be unacceptable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom