ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 138 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

Going to be real interesting when USC and UCLA are going 3-9 and they are drawing 25,000 fans because nobody in SoCal has any attention span longer than 5 minutes and hates losers.

All while the core BIG schools are poaching more Cali recruits from them.

Chasing the money while not seeing the forest through the trees will be the downfall of all of this. Short term increases in TV money while the cfb structures and fan interest around the rest of the country falls apart.

It appears that the B1G will add UW, OU, Stanford and Cal to complete a 6 team western division. They have Minn, Wisky, Neb, Iowa, illinois and NW for a plains division, Then they have Purdue, IU, MSU, Michigan and OSU in the Great Lakes division. Notre Dame would fit there to fill that out which leaves the east where they currently have PSU, Maryland and Rutgers. They would need 3 more teams to fill that division.

It appears that the B1G will add UW, OU, Stanford and Cal to complete a team western division. They have Minn, Wisky, Neb, Iowa, illinois and NW for a plains division, Then they have Purdue, IU, MSU, Michigan and OSU in the Great Lakes division. Notre Dame would fit there to fill that out which leaves the east where they currently have PSU, Maryland and Rutgers. They would need 3 more teams to fill that division.
Syracuse Pitt BC

A boy can dream

IMO Temple offers more. They play in a major media market. It is easy to get there for the other teams and their fans. They have local recruits which helps other ACC teams. The stadium is way better.

In BBall they also help in recruiting.

How does UConn being good at BBall help any other ACC team become better or richer?
It’s not a major market for Temple sports. Is a pro team, that will embrace a good Nova hoops team.
Few care about Temple basketball.

It appears that the B1G will add UW, OU, Stanford and Cal to complete a 6 team western division. They have Minn, Wisky, Neb, Iowa, illinois and NW for a plains division, Then they have Purdue, IU, MSU, Michigan and OSU in the Great Lakes division. Notre Dame would fit there to fill that out which leaves the east where they currently have PSU, Maryland and Rutgers. They would need 3 more teams to fill that division.

The B1G will be at 16 with USC and UCLA.

Adding 4 more Pac12 teams gets them to 20.

Adding ND, SU, Pitt and BC adds up to 24.

That's NOT a conference.

That's the United Federation of Planets.

That's NOT a conference.

There’s no way North Carolina doesn’t get an invite before us we are left playing in the sand but will at least be in a good conference the next 8years until it implodes

That's NOT a conference.

It would be like 4, 6 team conferences.

There’s no way North Carolina doesn’t get an invite before us we are left playing in the sand but will at least be in a good conference the next 8years until it implodes
I think UNC and Duke will go as a pair and the SEC will take them in. The B1G would take them but I think they will want to play in the south. UVA is more DC centric and they have Maryland there so I think they would choose B1G.

I think UNC and Duke will go as a pair and the SEC will take them in. The B1G would take them but I think they will want to play in the south. UVA is more DC centric and they have Maryland there so I think they would choose B1G.

In 2036?

B10 low balling dollars. Maybe there is a window for ACC reaching out and socializing a west coast division if rumor of discussion with ESPN was true? Completely just speculating here. Does ACC provide a more "saving face" solution for the PAC? If PAC stays together as is , are they in essence saying FU to the conference arms race? Interesting times.

I think that's harsh. He was naive. He had a true conference where traditional rivalries, geography, academics, and athletic interests were all aligned. He was early (timing is everything) on cable deals and having a network. Really, in division 1, only the Ivy league was less soiled. He had a good thing.

He simply didnt recognize the depravity and greed that permeated through major college athletics and the palpable "fear of missing out" or being left behind.
And I think misplaced security in being on the west coast. With overlapping leagues on the east coast and the mid west perhaps he, and many others, thought the PAC was safe as the only league on the west coast.

Regarding ND, Pete Thamel says that ND is staying a football independent and is not interested in joining the Big Ten.

I am hoping the PAC stays together and sign their GOR, maybe the ACC can work out a deal for crossover games? Anything to bring in a few extra bucks, get the ACC a few late night games on ESPN and get the PAC a few early games on Amazon.

Regarding ND, Pete Thamel says that ND is staying a football independent and is not interested in joining the Big Ten.
If the end game is 3, 24 team leagues and a team can only qualify for the playoffs if they are a member of one of those leagues, then ND will capitulate. That alone would make this all worthwhile.,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom