ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 168 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

If the enemy of my enemy is my friend
and
The SEC & BIG seek to destroy all other conferences then shouldn’t there be some interest in an alliance between the Big 12 and the ACC?
The maps of leftovers that people are posting have more positives than I jnirially thought and might ultimately be the best we can do.

However, keep in mind that every single school in this "alliance" would bolt the second that one of the Big2 showed any interest.

I've searched through the NC Secretary of State website and haven't been able to find a listing for the conference. All businesses have to register with the Secretary of State and file an annual report. There are listings for companies with the name Atlantic Coast Conference in their name but not the correct one.
Yeah not sure then. I know based on tax filing that they’re a not for profit but haven’t been able to determine where they are organized. I’ve seen references to NC but can’t confirm it and it should be on the SOS site somewhere like you said.

How so? It's not in the constitution or by laws. Now I could believe the ESPN agreement has DE law and venue but nobody seems to have a copy.
At this point I'm not sure what the ACC's legal status is for purposes of dissolution. There may be nothing to dissolve as it's nothing more than its members.
I didn’t see any specific reference to dissolution in any of the documents. I perused the Bylaws and could have missed it but I didn’t see it. It’s definitely not specifically mentioned in the GOR. So I’d think legally vague would default to state organization law wherever the conference is organized which we also haven’t been able to confirm.

Probably means nothing at the end of the day but interesting nonetheless lol.

I didn’t see any specific reference to dissolution in any of the documents. I perused the Bylaws and could have missed it but I didn’t see it. It’s definitely not specifically mentioned in the GOR. So I’d think legally vague would default to state organization law wherever the conference is organized which we also haven’t been able to confirm.

Probably means nothing at the end of the day but interesting nonetheless lol.
NC unincorporated association law doesn't speak to dissolution, unlike the law for nonprofit corporations . Legally that kind of association may be nothing more than its individual members, so there's nothing to dissolve (which would account for no mention of it in the by laws).

I guarantee we will see that in the next media deal phase, schools being paid to drop out so payments can be raised for the leading schools.
Hey Rutgers
Throw Away Make It Rain GIF

I guarantee we will see that in the next media deal phase, schools being paid to drop out so payments can be raised for the leading schools.
Not even sure they will be paid to leave, probably just finish out the contract and go their separate ways

BC was 49-21 between 99-04, and went 45-22 first five years in ACC

So those ten years they were 94-43. That's why they were grabbed.

I would kill for a ten year stretch like that again.

They are 65-83 last twelve years. They haven't sustained their early ACC success.
The only metric is 99-02 in your scenario as the decision was made during the 03 season.

Cuse was and is a much better brand. We were 27-23.

BC was 31-19...sure it was better but 4 years doesn't tell the whole story. Cuse was dominant the previous 15 years.

MONDAY MORNING RUMORS

Oregon St and Washington St are going to the MWC
Stanford is going Independent
Cal is still a question mark right now, and unsure of their future

MONDAY MORNING RUMORS

Oregon St and Washington St are going to the MWC
Stanford is going Independent
Cal is still a question mark right now, and unsure of their future
I think Stanford and Cal should go independent like BYU did for now. OSU/WSU to the MWC seems most logical.

As we all know venue is different from choice of law is different from jurisdiction (sic). I don’t know how Delaware comes into the discussion. Btw I re-read the GOR agreement and the recitals describe the ACC as an unincorporated association
The corporate tax structure of Delaware makes incorporation there highly favorable. That's why so many huge companies with little to no physical presence in Delaware are incorporated there. Corporate disputes (like the management of Twitter suing Elon Musk to go through with the purchase or pay the penalty in the sales contract) are judged in the Court of Chancery in Delaware. If the ACC is unincorporated, then the Delaware courts are out of the picture.

Shouldn’t have to in order to read the link. But just bashing the NCAA over their lack of oversight for what this means for college kids traveling this much, while they worry about minor violations.

He probably could have spoken up earlier but wouldn’t have mattered much.
He's bashing the wrong organization. The NCAA doesn't have oversight on conference realignment because the member schools won't allow it to have oversight on conference realignment because they want a free hand. The NCAA messes up enough on the things that it is supposed to monitor. Stick to that. Bashing them about things they're not allowed to monitor isn't right.

The corporate tax structure of Delaware makes incorporation there highly favorable. That's why so many huge companies with little to no physical presence in Delaware are incorporated there. Corporate disputes (like the management of Twitter suing Elon Musk to go through with the purchase or pay the penalty in the sales contract) are judged in the Court of Chancery in Delaware. If the ACC is unincorporated, then the Delaware courts are out of the picture.

The greatest PO Boxes in the country.

I don’t think Cal is spending ultra flamboyantly, it may be the cost of living adjustment for Northern California. It's like looking at the US defense budget compared to Russia or China; it may seem astronomically more, but they're not spending $497 on toilet seats either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom