ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 174 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

I assume Oregon and Wash preferred Big (for a lot of reasons including not signing over their rights until 2036)) over ACC but we might have offered them a full share and more travel partners if we added a wash Ore Stand cal quartet.
Yep, love the quartet so much more than just the two, although they are perfect ACC schools aside from the fact that they are on the opposite side of the country.

Remember this also it helps with basketball recruiting on the west coast because we can say we have these teams

The thing is, will anyone want any of the B12 schools? They don't have a lot of big name traditional football powers. In fact, they have none.

I don't see the SEC or the B1G having any interest in any of their programs.

Now the ACC on the other hand, might look to add a couple of the better B12 schools to position itself for the inevitable run at ACC schools that will probably come a few years later.

I could see a scenario where they add 4 schools to serve as long term replacements when some ACC schools defect.

Maybe the ACC adds WVU, UC, UCF and UConn in 2030 or so.

And then maybe the ACC loses NC, UVa, GT and VT to the B1G in 2034.

A lot depends on the deals offered to the B12 before 2030-31. You can bet they will want the bidding on their new contract(s) to start early and will hope for significantly higher revenue numbers than the ACC is paying. I think the ACC TV payout will be in the range of $46 million in 2031 and it is up in the $56 range by 2036.

That is going to be hard for the B12 to reach given what is going on with cable and revenue numbers right now.

A lot can change from now to then but it looks like all is not lost for the ACC right now. They sit in a pretty good spot.
The Big 10 bubble will burst in 2029, they are the first conference to go back on the market.

I hope the ACC has learned that you take the real vote behind closed doors. If there’s enough votes, then everybody votes for it and it’s unanimous if there’s not you decided it’s not worth a vote at all. Cannot go through what we went through in 2003 all over again. I don’t think this is going to be a unanimous agreement among the athletic directors to add Cal and Stanford.
Doing nothing can't be an option, the league for appearance sake, needs to make their fans aware they haven't been asleep while the league burned down.

And here, she's acting happy
Inside her handsome home
And me, I'm flying in my taxi
Taking tips and getting stoned
I go flying so high, when I'm stoned
If someone quotes “Mr. Tanner,” I’m pouring a drink …

The Big 10 bubble will burst in 2029, they are the first conference to go back on the market.

Very possible. I’ve been saying for awhile they’ve diluted their product overall. It’ll be funny if new numbers cut their yearly payouts by 30% or so.

Very possible. I’ve been saying for awhile they’ve diluted their product overall. It’ll be funny if new numbers cut their yearly payouts by 30% or so.
If that happens, they’ll start jettisoning the steerage to stay afloat.

The Big 12 goes in 2031, and the SEC in 2034. If the bubble bursts in 2029, those 2 conferences along with the Big will be in trouble.

If that happens, they’ll start jettisoning the steerage to stay afloat.
We all know what happened to the Titanic passengers in steerage.

The Big 12 goes in 2031, and the SEC in 2034. If the bubble bursts in 2029, those 2 conferences along with the Big will be in trouble.

I think the B1G and SEC are safe. All the network/stream budgets will end up going to those contracts. Which means there will be little left for anyone else.

If the B1G does end up at 24, they will have 12 games to sell every week. So they can do something like FOX Friday Night, NBC 7:30 game of the week, FOX noon and 3:30, FS1 noon and 3:30, BTN noon/3:30/7:30, and Apple noon/3:30/7:30.

Same for the SEC with CBS, ABC/ESPN, SECN, and Amazon.

That leaves no budget left for the B12 and they get an AAC like TV contract.

So it's heading to 24 team conferences right? Two divisions each for three conferences?

72 teams

Big Ten East and West
SEC East and West
Big 12 East and West

Winner of each division play for conference title and top two auto qualify for playoff.

Six more teams fill out remainder of playoff spots.

12 team playoff to decide NC

Conference winners get bye week

Is this where it's going?
7v20xc.jpg

from who? 90% of the espn subs come from people who watch very little sports.

Even on this board which is all sports no one wants to pay for streams, they want free illegal stream links all the time.. When ESPN streaming becomes a thing, the non sports people will remove espn in droves.

then who here is paying $25 to watch espn a few games a week? they basically give espn+ away and people complain about paying for it.
Well espn+ is terrible and not a real streaming product.

The only thinking cable Alive is live sports, it’s a well recognized driver. Beyond that, many people switched off cables because they didn’t like paying for content they didn’t want, getting a DTC offering would 100% drive subs, they just don’t have the option right now.

If ESPN launched a linear like streaming product tomorrow theyd 10 million subs in 24 hours even at a 25-30/month price points

Well espn+ is terrible and not a real streaming product.

The only thinking cable Alive is live sports, it’s a well recognized driver. Beyond that, many people switched off cables because they didn’t like paying for content they didn’t want, getting a DTC offering would 100% drive subs, they just don’t have the option right now.

If ESPN launched a linear like streaming product tomorrow theyd 10 million subs in 24 hours even at a 25-30/month price points
it will be interesting to see.. i know how much i watch sports I dont see myself paying that much to watch it.

I know the older people I know will not pay a cent to watch it but they do stumble across games and watch on occasion.

How can you say ESPN+ is terrible? Its the best deal in streaming.

I have direct tv. I watch games almost every night but 99% of the time its on a non sports channel.

it will be interesting to see.. i know how much i watch sports I dont see myself paying that much to watch it.

I know the older people I know will not pay a cent to watch it but they do stumble across games and watch on occasion.

How can you say ESPN+ is terrible? Its the best deal in streaming.

I have direct tv. I watch games almost every night but 99% of the time its on a non sports channel.
I can't speak for Cuse181 but I would bet he's referring to the actual functionality of ESPN+. Their streaming functionality is not very good compared to others like MLB that let you start the game from the beginning or pick it up with current action.

I can't speak for Cuse181 but I would bet he's referring to the actual functionality of ESPN+. Their streaming functionality is not very good compared to others like MLB that let you start the game from the beginning or pick it up with current action.
I will give you that.. But most streaming is pretty bad at that stuff especially with sports.. inability to scroll is a huge difference in cable/sat vs streaming.

I will give you that.. But most streaming is pretty bad at that stuff especially with sports.. inability to scroll is a huge difference in cable/sat vs streaming.

YTTV and NFL app are great at being functional for sports. The NFL app I can turn off seeing any scores so when I watch a game on replay I don’t see the score by mistake going into the app. The ESPN is completely archaic. Even my European cycling app could use some work but functionally a lot better than ESPN. It’s the worst app I use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom