ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 191 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

SMU fan here. We are a small university. We don’t have super large crowds. If you don’t have a large alum base, that happens. We also don’t play teams that anyone cares about. UT and others made sure SMU, TCU, Rice and Houston were left out of the new B12 after the SWC dissolved. Why? The 4 schools in the 2 biggest recruiting hotbeds in the country. They get the recruiting and the money. TCU gets invited to B12 ONLY because they got an invite to Big East. B12 doesn’t want schools poaching from Texas so it’s better to keep your friends close but your enemies closer. Now TCU and Baylor block us because they say we don’t add value….blah blah blah. No, it’s really because they don’t want us to recruit on equal grounds and keep us financially inferior. NIL just changed the game my friends! SMU is a sleeping giant about to awaken from the fog of the death penalty. Our NIL is probably top 20 in the country. We sit literally in the hotbed of some of the most fertile football recruiting grounds in the country. We’re giving Syracuse and all the ACC teams the chance to come to Dallas to recruit against the B12. This is terrifying to the B12. There’s tons of media types who are B12 Homers that will say horrible demeaning things about SMU just to help keep us out of a respectable conference. They don’t want the ACC here in Texas. It’s bad enough they have to compete against the SEC now. SMU has been waiting for the chance to prove we belong. NIL is flowing and our coffers are getting full. We will not embarrass the ACC.
I appreciate your perspective, but not sure what SMU adds to the conference. I don't think SU is suddenly pulling quality guys from Texas because we play SMU every 3 years.

I appreciate your perspective, but not sure what SMU adds to the conference. I don't think SU is suddenly pulling quality guys from Texas because we play SMU every 3 years.
SMU might not move the needle for everyone. If the ACC sits with it’s head in the sand like the PAC did and all the schools leave and all the sudden you are the school like Washington State….they are asking, Why didn’t we expand like the Big12? Florida State and Clemson, at a minimum, are leaving, bank on that! The ACC can be the 3rd or 4th best league but you can’t act like the PAC and do nothing.

The crazy thing is that's it's basically 1 trip to the West coast for us, and the rest of the ACC. I mean why not do it? If anything, it's Cal and Stanford that will suffer horribly in travel ordeals and costs.

SMU fan here. We are a small university. We don’t have super large crowds. If you don’t have a large alum base, that happens. We also don’t play teams that anyone cares about. UT and others made sure SMU, TCU, Rice and Houston were left out of the new B12 after the SWC dissolved. Why? The 4 schools in the 2 biggest recruiting hotbeds in the country. They get the recruiting and the money. TCU gets invited to B12 ONLY because they got an invite to Big East. B12 doesn’t want schools poaching from Texas so it’s better to keep your friends close but your enemies closer. Now TCU and Baylor block us because they say we don’t add value….blah blah blah. No, it’s really because they don’t want us to recruit on equal grounds and keep us financially inferior. NIL just changed the game my friends! SMU is a sleeping giant about to awaken from the fog of the death penalty. Our NIL is probably top 20 in the country. We sit literally in the hotbed of some of the most fertile football recruiting grounds in the country. We’re giving Syracuse and all the ACC teams the chance to come to Dallas to recruit against the B12. This is terrifying to the B12. There’s tons of media types who are B12 Homers that will say horrible demeaning things about SMU just to help keep us out of a respectable conference. They don’t want the ACC here in Texas. It’s bad enough they have to compete against the SEC now. SMU has been waiting for the chance to prove we belong. NIL is flowing and our coffers are getting full. We will not embarrass the ACC.

That was pretty convincing. You're in. When can you start?

Oh captain, my captain

SMU might not move the needle for everyone. If the ACC sits with it’s head in the sand like the PAC did and all the schools leave and all the sudden you are the school like Washington State….they are asking, Why didn’t we expand like the Big12? Florida State and Clemson, at a minimum, are leaving, bank on that! The ACC can be the 3rd or 4th best league but you can’t act like the PAC and do nothing.
I’ve been saying this for months. We should’ve put the full court press on 4-8 Pac schools a year ago.

Last edited:
Do you ever look up any facts at all. I don't think almost anything you say is based on any correct information and your personal conclusions on almost everything seems subpar at best.

Here's the 3rd link I found doing a less than 30 second google search after reading your post. I had no idea but knew if you were writing it, the truth was probably the opposite.

TCU in 2022 was the 13th most watched CFB team with 2.20 mill viewers per game

* Post won't show the link for some reason, keeps making a white screen. But easy to look up. If you can spell google
Please stop. Do not post any facts to this person:)

SMUPony welcome to the forum.
If you do join the ACC the conference will be able to say they have as a member the only school who ever got the death penalty and survived. ;)
Plus ++++. The SMU mascot, Puruna, (small Shetland pony) is the only mascot to kill another mascot. Puruna kicked the Fordham‘s Ram to death in the early 1900’s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom