ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment | Page 205 | Syracusefan.com

ACC, PAC-12, and BIG alliance / conference realignment

So still no MWC announcements yet about adding schools. My guess is negotiations are ongoing.
my guess is stanford and cal wont commit to such a decrease until 100% not happening with acc

my guess is stanford and cal wont commit to such a decrease until 100% not happening with acc
The MWC will take Stanford and Cal in a heartbeat. It's in Stanford and Cal's best interest to see how things play out for as long as they can. Stanford in particular might be better off going independent for a few years to buy even more time.

Sankey would never let the SEC stoop so low that they would pick up NC state of all schools. Perennially mediocre in all sports doesn’t scream “sec addition”
Well look at it this way

The SEC needs some whipping boys to give give wins for the top brands.

The SEC will soon find out several big brands will have pissed off fanbases. Instead of 8-11 wins they'll be 5 to 7 wins.

Then why aren’t they in the Big 12 now? What’s the hold up?
No one in their right mind passes up getting 4 P5 schools in one fell swoop. Pac 12 collapse was a once in a lifetime event.

The MWC will take Stanford and Cal in a heartbeat. It's in Stanford and Cal's best interest to see how things play out for as long as they can. Stanford in particular might be better off going independent for a few years to buy even more time.
Bingo. There’s no rush for them. They can be indie in football, sell those games to a network or streamer, and play other sports in the Big West or something like that.

There’s no point in joining a G5 conference. Keep talking to the B1G and see where things go.

I get your points and I am not a fan of the coast to coast conferences. However, the schools made their respective decisions.

There were four hard "yes" schools, four "no" schools, the leaves seven soft "yes" schools. SU was one of the seven. There is no need to take a hard position when you need to see a few events and gather data. I hope you don't practice what you preach when you buy a car or house, rather that you take your time, analyze the facts, and make an informed decision. I believe SU is taking their time to make a decision.
Ha I agree...but buying real estate is a feeding frenzy for decently priced properties

This is weirdly like the argument people I live around in upstate NY make. “We want to break away from downstate, let them be their own state”. Ok, well 70% of income tax dollars come from downstate counties, that upstaters then benefit from. So yeah, you might not like being outvoted all the time but you’re also stealing a lot of their tax dollars. Same thing with ND, they bring more value to the ACC than if they weren’t loosely affiliated. You might not like the arrangement but you’d like the conference dollars (lack of dollars) a lot less if they weren’t playing 5 ACC teams a year.
The ACC gets better bowls because of Notre Dame.

The ACC gets better bowls because of Notre Dame.
And better TV money because ESPN knows they get more ND away games to put their networks especially in primetime.

Well look at it this way

The SEC needs some whipping boys to give give wins for the top brands.

The SEC will soon find out several big brands will have pissed off fanbases. Instead of 8-11 wins they'll be 5 to 7 wins.
I think whipping boys occur organically.

There should be some bowls opening up due to the PAC 12 folding.
I expect our Sun Bowl vs PAC12 goes to the B12 now.

I think the Holiday Bowl vs PAC12 goes to the B1G now.

Unless the ACC expands I only see maybe a three way conference deal with the Alamo or Las Vegas Bowls.

Bingo. There’s no rush for them. They can be indie in football, sell those games to a network or streamer, and play other sports in the Big West or something like that.

There’s no point in joining a G5 conference. Keep talking to the B1G and see where things go.
If it happened to Syracuse we might be better that way too if we thought something would shake loose in a few years

I think it’s even worse than that. NE College football viewers would probably watch Ole Miss v Miss State, ahead of a miscellaneous Cuse game.
I think you are way off the mark on that and that has nothing to do with me being a fan. You are diminishing the relevance of regional/league relationships. If you said people might watch an NFL game vs misc. Syracuse game then I could see that. I think you are way over valuing SEC interest. Again if this turns into 2 super leagues I will just follow Syracuse locally and just watch the college Championship game. I can tell you I have zero interest in SEC, B10 football casually.

I think you are way off the mark on that and that has nothing to do with me being a fan. You are diminishing the relevance of regional/league relationships. If you said people might watch an NFL game vs misc. Syracuse game then I could see that. I think you are way over valuing SEC interest. Again if this turns into 2 super leagues I will just follow Syracuse locally and just watch the college Championship game. I can tell you I have zero interest in SEC, B10 football casually.
I can see your point of view; I kinda feel the same way, as an alum. But, I think you're wearing Orange colored glasses. I'll give you an example - My parents are both over 80 years old, and they watch Olympic sports on the B1G and SEC networks. They watch because of the big state school names. Even though they spent some money on my SU education, they don't watch the ACC Network, like at all.

Yep. My thinking is discussions are still happening in ACC. Everything is negotiations. People and teams are balancing out the puts and takes and tradeoffs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom